Senior Research Associate
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sr RA who will be part of Seagen’s Cell Culture Process Development group. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the upstream cell culture operations in process development. This role will be expected to independently execute the cell culture process in support of our pipeline programs in both early and late clinical phase, as well as technology development. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing & dynamic team, and to significantly contribute to Seagen’s mission.
- Support all aspects of cell culture operations, from thaw to antibody harvest
- Escalate equipment or process issues as necessary. Help in troubleshooting and derivation of appropriate corrective action and resolution
- Prepare media solutions to support experiments
- Perform equipment (e.g., bioreactor, analytical device, and general lab equipment) maintenance
- Perform all bioreactor operations (Inoculation, sampling, harvest, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all lab activities and work routinely with electronic data records and applications
- Generate technical reports, and present in internal meetings
- Bachelors in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related majors with >6 years of relevant experience or Masters with >3 years relevant experience
- Hands-on cell culture experience including operating both bench-top glass vessel and large-scale single-use bioreactor systems
- Able to follow lab operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Detail oriented, strong organization and time management skills
- Team player, motivated and willing to learn and grow
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using lab software and/or electronic lab notebooks (ELN)
- Given the nature of cell culture some weekend support is to be expected
- Familiar with media development.
- Familiar with perfusion processes.
- Prior experience in using ELN and data management
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.