Associate Director Competitive Intelligence
The Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence participates actively in SeaGen's commercial and clinical planning by coordinating and delivering on the company’s competitive intelligence efforts. He or she provides unbiased, objective, in-depth information about the market landscape, treatment trends, and competitive products and technologies. He or she will oversee Competitive Intelligence for all of SeaGen's Products and pipeline programs, identifying market developments and implications for SeaGen and recommending appropriate business strategies and tactics. The individual will also manage a small team of individual contributors.
The Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence reports to the Executive Director, Global Market Insights, and represents the Global Market Insights and/or Commercial function on various cross-functional settings.
- Lead the Competitive Intelligence function within Global Market Insights by developing and executing global CI vision and strategy for SeaGen's portfolio, in alignment with stakeholder priorities and brand strategic imperatives
- Assess the competitive environment and emerging scientific data to inform clinical, regulatory and commercial strategies for Seattle Genetics assets. Identify and highlight risks, challenges, and opportunities for current and future SeaGen's business, recommend mitigation strategies and differentiation opportunities
- Conduct analyses and research based on key intelligence topics/questions while adhering to consistent and established standards. Seek out new information across disparate sources such as media, financial filings, publications, clinical data presentations, competitive promotional materials, and other sources. Synthesize this information into key insights and formulate actionable recommendations for key stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate potential external development opportunities (assets, combinations, technology platforms, etc.)
- Build coverage plans and coordinate data collection and reporting for major conferences.
- Prepare and send alerts and reports to communicate competitive developments
- Organize and facilitate competitive workshops with cross-functional team members within SeaGen and with external alliance partners
- Conduct scenario planning to inform clinical development plans – predict potential changes to standard of care in relevant disease segments
- Inform short and long-term sales forecasts by evaluating the potential impact of existing competitors and new market entrants
- Contract with external vendors to support data collection and analysis efforts
- 6-8 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals and/or management consulting required
- 3-4 years of experience in competitive intelligence or market research/analytics in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
- Oncology expertise preferred
- Superior analytical ability, ability to think strategically, and excellent project management skills
- Experience successfully supporting business decision making in a complex and highly dynamic corporate environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Proven ability to lead teams and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of pharmaceutical development and commercialization process, as well as industry competitive dynamics
- Deep expertise in conducting competitive analyses and generating actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with pharma competitive intelligence data sources and experience with vendor management
- Ability to hire and develop direct reports
- The preferred candidate will be local to the Bothell, WA area or able to relocate
- Undergraduate degree required, science or business related focus is preferred
- Graduate degree in business, science, or related field preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.