(Senior) Medical Science Liaison, Switzerland
Seagen is an emerging global multi-product biotechnology company that develops and commercializes innovative antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s industry-leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. In addition to 3 marketed products, we are advancing a strong product pipeline of novel therapies for solid tumors and blood related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs and improve treatment outcomes for patients. More information about Seagen can be found at www.seagen.com.
With Seagen’s mission to rapidly bring practice-changing innovations to the oncology landscape and the recent announcement of positive data in HER2+ metastatic breast cancer, we are preparing the launch for tucatinib in the DACH market and are building the MSL functions.
The MSL Team is a part of Medical Affairs and consists of field-based scientists that have direct interactions with investigators and health-care professionals (HCPs) in the field of oncology to provide scientific and medical support regarding the use of tucatinib. As such it requires a strong medical background and excellent communication skills. The (Senior) MSLs work cross-functionally with Clinical Development, Commercial and our internal Medical Affairs colleagues in the DACH region and region Europe to support our products and our advancing pipeline in close collaboration with our European Medical Affairs team.
- Be responsible for identifying and building relationships with HCPs, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within Switzerland
- Deliver scientific presentations internally and externally in either one-on-one or group settings
- Facilitate scientific discussions in the field and work with in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (i.e., new data, competitive information, customer insights, medical communications support) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization
- Compliantly respond to unsolicited HCP requests for off label information. Effectively communicate feedback and insights from the field within Medical Affairs and to other internal partners
- Execute conference strategy, including staffing of scientific booths at major conferences and regional clinical meetings in alignment with the companies’ objectives of region Europe
- Act as a key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs).
- Support planning and execution of local advisory boards.
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the medical and clinical teams, to support corporate trials including trial awareness and education
- Must stay abreast of relevant medical literature in a self-directed manner
- As needed, collaborate with cross-functional partners within Medical Affairs and across other departments
- 5+ years (10+ years for Senior MSL) of hematology/oncology clinical or basic sciences experience
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) preferred
- Prior MSL experience in oncology preferred
- Candidate should have strong presentation / interaction and time management skills and experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical community
- Proven ability to establish strong scientific partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- 50-75% regional travel required. Must reside within region and live within a reasonable distance of a major airport
- thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Fluent in German/French and English