Director Health Economics Outcomes Research
In the context of a rapidly evolving payer environment, Seattle Genetics is an emerging multi-product global oncology company. With a strong commitment to demonstrate product value to the healthcare system, we are building a sophisticated Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) function. The Global HEOR team, within the Global Value Access & Pricing (GVA&P) group, is committed to scientific excellence and the generation of evidence to support value propositions to position Seattle Genetics’ portfolio for continued success.
As a member of the Seattle Genetics’ Global HEOR team, the Director of HEOR will lead the strategy and tactical efforts to address global health economics-related drivers and barriers to market access for priority late stage pipeline assets. S/he will assess evidence needs, propose inclusion of clinical trial endpoints and inform on other aspects of clinical trial design, and lead relevant strategic evidence generation, including analyses of data from both primary and secondary sources, and develop the product value propositions and messaging. S/he will support several Seattle Genetics’ pipeline compounds. This role will report to the Executive Director, Head of Global HEOR, and will reside within the GVAP (Global Value Access & Pricing) organization. This role will also require cross-functional collaboration across departments such as Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Marketing, Market Access and multiple other functions.
- Evaluate and synthesize the existing evidence base for the indications of interest, inclusive of unmet need, burden of disease and core evidence for potential comparators in support of the assigned pipeline compounds to inventory existing supporting data and identify data and knowledge gaps
- Collaboratively work with the development team and commercial colleagues to hypothesize the potential value messages that could be planned for the assigned products. Prioritize key value areas of interest and proactively plan for and execute evidence generation to substantiate these value hypotheses
- Drive the design, execution and analysis of HEOR strategies and tactics to support the value propositions of the assigned compounds
- Lead efforts to develop evidence-based health economic models to support global strategies and local payer needs. Evaluate and where needed conduct studies to elucidate, burden of illness, budget impact, and cost-effectiveness in disease segments of interest for assigned molecules
- Recommend and prioritize model data requirements which may be addressed through clinical trials and evidence generation activities and work with clinical team to provide input on endpoint structure of clinical trials
- Engage with global health economics opinion leaders and external clinical advisors; seek their guidance, validation, and support
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development colleagues to prepare conference presentations, manuscripts, and other communications
- Build/ adapt content and data for submission to health insurers and global payment authorities
- PharmD, Masters, or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or other related field
- Biological sciences or clinical background necessary
- 8+ years of HEOR and/or market access experience in either global or US roles. Previous experience working in the actuarial, academic, or payer setting may be considered
- Experience developing global value dossiers, health economic models, patient-reported outcome strategy (regulatory and analytic), compound value assessment, and observational research methods required
- Knowledge of the evolving payer landscape and payer evidence requirements in the US and globally
- Oncology experience strongly preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Develop meaningful cross-functional relationships, work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization, and respond to team needs effectively and efficiently.
- Use rigorous logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems, thrive in ambiguity and act with incomplete information, be self-motivated and advance projects without supervision
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Ability to drive results in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build strong, successful cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-off; strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.