Strategic Product Supply Lead
The Strategic Product Supply Lead (SPSL) is accountable for end-to-end oversight of ADCETRIS and Drug Linker program within TOPS. The SPSL owns the Technical Product Strategy and oversees execution, focusing on the largest value-driving stages of the product lifecycle, from commercial launch through lifecycle optimization. As a leader in the Technical Operations group, the incumbent is the “voice of the product”, working cross-functionally to establish business drivers for the product, evaluating external trends and insights and aligning with top-level strategic imperatives to create robust supply chain lifecycle strategies that ensure patient access and maximize product value. This position is a key interface between Technical Operations, Regulatory, Global Product Team, Commercial Sales and Financial organizations. This position must be able to build and maintain strong partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders, both at Bothell HQ and in Europe to ensure goals are met or exceeded internally and with global partners.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply to patients by developing and overseeing execution of a long-term Technical Product Strategy resulting in robust and resilient supply chains designed to minimize risks to compliance and supply while ensuring high quality and reasonable COGS. To achieve this, the incumbent will liaise with multiple functions across the company and within TOPS, and work with the Product Supply Leadership Team and functions to design end-to-end supply chains for the full product lifecycle, translating business strategy into a comprehensive Technical Product Strategy. Actively seek external insights and evaluate competitive landscape; connect and translate these insights to challenge and shape the lifecycle strategy
- Conduct holistic end-to-end risk assessments to ensure the robustness and resiliency of the supply chain through its lifecycle. Develop scenarios and prepare options for the supply chain to respond to change. Understand key drivers and interdependencies; predict and articulate the multiple implications and outcomes emerging from strategic decisions, including changes in commercial forecasting. Prepare product supply chains to deliver the upside of the forecast while handling the risk of the potential downside
- Partner with Supply Operations, CMO manufacturing (drug linker) and other technical functions to ensure uninterrupted supply for existing markets and pipeline products. Interface with data analysts to provide a holistic picture for global Clinical and Commercial customer demand. Provide guidance for conducting comprehensive analysis for scale-up of drug linker manufacturing to enable a robust manufacturing strategy built for growth
- Drive Product decisions from a whole system perspective; prioritize between initiatives, balancing time, cost, and business value. Work with fellow SPSL’s and Product Supply Leadership to prioritize in context of the broader product portfolio; focus teams to make best use of resources and drive highest value across the portfolio
- Represent Product Supply on the Global Product Teams (GPT).
- Lead and manage cross-functional matrixed CMC Product Teams and working groups across Technical Operations and Process Sciences (TOPS), Finance, CMC Regulatory, CMC Strategy & Project Management. Coordinate and drive resolution of short- mid- and long-term supply and product issues
- For partnered products, represent Product Supply on joint operating committees and teams. Assure Seagen priorities, values and strategies are reflected in joint operating plans.
- 10+ years of direct pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical experience within Technical Operations or similar capacity
- 5+ years direct large molecules drug development and/or manufacturing experience
- 5+ years direct or indirect team management/leadership (i.e. direct reports or matrixed team leadership)
- Deep understanding of the pharmaceutical commercial markets, excellent business acumen
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proven ability to build trustful and effective relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- International/global experience is strongly preferred
- Able to travel globally (approximately 20%)
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific, engineering or related curriculum
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.