Principal Scientist Antibody Discovery - Assay Development
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen Research is seeking a highly collaborative Principal Scientist to support development of antibody-based oncology therapeutics. This scientist will lead the Predictive Assays function within Antibody Discovery. They will be responsible for determining antibody properties that are associated with therapeutic success and developing assays to screen antibody panels for those characteristics. The successful candidate will contribute to antibody discovery design across the Seagen Research portfolio. They should have a record of being a strong innovator, team player, strategist, analytical thinker, and laboratory-based experimentalist.
- Leverage large datasets and literature sources to identify antibody properties and research assays that predict preclinical efficacy and toxicity and ultimately therapeutic success
- Design, conduct, and interpret experiments utilizing a diverse array of techniques aimed at characterizing antibodies from hybridoma and phage display platforms
- Lead working groups to conceptualize and implement new antibody screening strategies
- Engage with cross-functional teams to foster collaborations
- Manage databases to enable data democratization and cross-project analysis
- Optimize screening assays and workflows for high throughput capability
- Stay abreast of relevant literature and consult as subject matter expert in antibody characterization and screening
- Lead, mentor, and empower Research Associates for performance and career growth
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Practice continuous improvement to refine models and optimize processes
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, or other biology-related field
- 6+ years of research experience in industry or academics
- Demonstrated experience in assay development, antibody characterization, cell-based assays, binding assays, and working with complex screening datasets
- Ability to collaborate across teams and a variety of disciplines
- Uses critical thinking to solve complex problems, address challenges, overcome obstacles, and plan for the future
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to identify and absorb critical information and convey it to a variety of audiences
- A passion to identify, evaluate, and implement enabling technologies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and organize work across multiple projects in alignment with prioritized objectives
- Ability to gain support and commitment for research plans using compelling rationale
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly evolving environment
- Knowledge of antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), antibody-based therapeutics, antibody discovery, and flow cytometry
- Record of accomplishments evidenced by conference presentations, publications, and patents
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.