Research Associate I, Formulation
The Pharmaceutical Sciences group at Seattle Genetics is seeking a highly motivated research associate to support development of therapeutic antibody-drug conjugates. This person will play a critical role in the formulation and drug product process development of a novel pre-clinical ADC. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of biologics formulation development and experience in common analytical techniques, as well as strong critical thinking skills and the ability to design, execute, and draw conclusions from experimental studies with managerial guidance. The ideal candidate should have a background in formulation development or analytical biochemistry or a related discipline, good interpersonal skills, and an ability to work effectively in intra-departmental teams to achieve program goals.
- Assist with and conduct experiments and analyze results leading to the development of robust formulations for antibody and antibody drug conjugate (ADC) drug substances and drug products
- Execute studies including pre-formulation characterization, liquid and lyophilized formulation development, stability studies, shipping and handling studies, evaluation of material for use in toxicology and clinical settings
- Process data and present findings to Pharmaceutical Sciences team and project teams
- Contribute to technical reports and prepare selected technical reports
- Assume responsibility for more sophisticated lab equipment as SME
- Minimum of 0-2 years of protein formulation or analytical experience in the academic setting or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- (BS) in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, biological sciences or a related discipline
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong data and time management stills with attention to detail
- Ability to function as a team player as well as work independently in experimental design, implementation and results interpretation
- Excellent analytical mindset and skills including hands-on experience with chromatographic (e.g. SEC, RP, CEX) and electrophoretic (e.g. CE-SDS, iCIEF) techniques and other analytical methods
- Strong fundamental knowledge of protein chemistry, degradation and stabilization mechanisms
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.