Global Tech Transfer Lead (Small Molecule and Biologics)
The MSAT Principal Scientist is part of a team of highly skilled Scientists and Engineers responsible for technical and scientific support to manufacturing of all Seagen products, whether manufactured internally or at contract manufacturing organizations (CMO’s). The incumbent is an experienced scientist with extensive Technology Transfer knowledge and experience. This role leverages expertise and knowledge from SME’s and partners within Development, Manufacturing and our CMO network. The incumbent will lead and manage technology transfers of Drug Substance, Intermediates, Drug Products and Packaged Products from Development to Commercial manufacturing and between commercial manufacturers, both internal and external. This position supports Seagen’s global supply network and will include remote leadership and work across different time zones. The Technology Transfer Leader will ensure the robust and efficient transfer of product and process knowledge, manufacturing processes and technologies. The incumbent will lead/manage cross-functional matrix teams to deliver Technology Transfer projects. The incumbent will strive to standardize Technology Transfer practices and to continuously improve associated processes, tools and templates. The incumbent shares Technology Transfer tools and expertise across Technical Operations.
- Develop and implement Technology Transfer Strategies in collaboration with the Strategic Product Supply Lead, Manufacturing and Quality
- Lead Technology Transfer discussions and secure agreement with the sending and receiving units (both internally and externally with contract manufacturers)
- Lead Technology Transfers by driving matrixed, cross-functional teams to ensure successful PPQ and production campaigns (clinical, validation and commercial campaigns). Enabling the successful achievement of key CMC milestones such as product launch
- Lead and manage Technology Transfer activities from development (clinical and commercial products) into commercial manufacturing and testing facilities (internal and external)
- Lead and manage Technology Transfer activities within the commercial supply and analytical testing network (between commercial suppliers or the introduction of a new supplier)
- Develop and manage Technology Transfer project plans (detailed and high-level milestone plans) based on information from all participants/stakeholders. Carry out regular risk reviews and develop mitigation plans to address risks and constraints
- Negotiate, secure and manage resources (human and financial) for Technology Transfer projects
- Develop, in conjunction with key stakeholders/project team/s, Technology Transfer communication plans and metrics
- Lead and leverage SMEs and resources to ensure the successful definition and completion of the 3 phases of Validation (Process Design, Process Qualification and Continuous Process Verification). CPV plans implemented as part of the TT
- Lead, manage and resolve project constraints and risks
- Proactively update and inform Senior management (and within external forums as appropriate) of milestone progress and any potential project risks or delays
- Lead and manage the capture and transfer of knowledge between companies, sites and functions as an integrated part of the Technology Transfer process
- Lead improved process and facility capability, process scale-up and improved understanding and control as part of the Technology Transfer
- Develop, standardize and share Technology Transfer practices and procedures
- Build a standardized approach and continuously improve tools/templates used for Technology Transfer project management across Seagen
- Lead and manage MSAT Monthly Reporting
- Perform After Action Reviews and facilitate lessons learned
- Extensive Technology Transfer experience within Biologics Pharmaceutical Development or Manufacturing (internal and external Technology Transfers)
- Experience of collaboration with Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Excellent project management and matrix people management skills
- Proven track record in generating technical options to resolve problems, prioritizing solutions, selecting optimal solutions and implementing decision in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English is mandatory)
- Good knowledge of structured methodologies for process design, process control strategies, process validation and continuous process verification
- The ability to work effectively in small matrix teams in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a high level of urgency.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently as well as on cross-functional and cross-site teams
- Able to effectively establish and maintain productive relationships with senior management and technical staff within and outside of Seagen
- The candidate must demonstrate high levels of integrity. Key competencies are management of plans, complexity, driving for results, problem-solving and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills and computer literacy are essential
- Experience with innovation and operational excellence is desirable
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or another relevant life-science discipline with12 years of industrial experience in Technology Transfer/Project Management within Pharmaceutical Development and/or Manufacturing. Alternatively, a PhD or Master's degree with 9 years of experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.