Director Global Commercial Project Management
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated Director, Global Commercial Project Management. This new role will build a team to establish excellence global project management. The Director will work with key internal and external stakeholders across commercial and the broader company to establish scalable and standardized global commercial processes in these areas with a relentless focus on continuous improvement. This role will be accountable for delivering high quality support and functional leadership that facilitates achievement of commercial objectives and strategic priorities while effectively managing the challenges inherent in commercial partnerships.
This position will report directly to Head of Global Marketing and will be a key contributor to the vision and strategy of Seattle Genetics Commercial function.
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plans for the Global Commercial Project Management department.
- Lead the team to deliver seamless execution of commercial activities and drive the global commercial success of Seagen.
- Drive alignment across global commercial project managers and broader cross-functional teams to optimize support provided.
- Build and leverage relationships and networks across commercial and the broader company to improve and enhance department effectiveness and team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive results.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to coordinate, manage and deliver seamless execution of Commercial strategic objectives.
- Provide project management leadership and support for key Commercial activities including functional sub-team and working group meeting support, regulatory submission planning and management, commercial launch efforts and various commercial projects
- Drive team collaboration with commercial members of company-wide program and product teams to develop and maintain high-quality, integrated project plans that align with overall program and commercialization strategies and drive communication, scenario planning and decision making accordingly.
- Facilitate the identification, management and communication of key risks and their associated mitigation and contingency plans
- Develop and implement stage appropriate and value-added processes, best practices and tools (integrated timelines, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) across all brands to increase efficiency and consistency of Commercial processes/deliverables
- Leverage strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and facilitation skills to optimize commercial meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making
- Advance best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of the commercial department with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure team execution of commercial portions of IPP (integrated project plan)
- Attract, develop, and retain a high performing and highly effective Global Commercial Project Management team.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry – experience oncology is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Proven experience leading, working with and managing cross-functional teams, including senior leadership and joint leadership committees, to accomplish shared goals and achieve strategic objectives.
- Excellent business acumen with demonstrated ability to develop solutions that appropriately balance and support product, team, corporate and alliance objectives.
- Expertise in project management, preferably in a commercial focused role.
- Proven success in identifying and developing talented direct reports. Experience leading multiple functions preferred.
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization with the ability to facilitate internal alignment, effectively and diplomatically negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, high emotional intelligence.
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple client groups in a highly matrixed global organization to advance priorities.
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.