Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
The functional Business Analyst / Sr. Business Analyst is a member of the IT Business Solutions team. This role has domain knowledge and is responsible for functional business analysis activities including driving requirement gathering, testing, and closely with business stakeholders and IT functions acting as subject matter expert where appropriate. This role provides ongoing process improvement, system enhancement, and support post-implementation.
- Collaborate with various IT functions such as Business Systems, PMO, and Analytics to deliver solutions including process, technology, and report
- Build knowledge on IT and assigned business organizations end-to-end processes
- Own and maintain processes, documentation, and material while remaining compliant with regulatory guidelines
- Manage the technology and process landscape for the assigned business organizations
- Lead issue troubleshooting, resolve root cause, and update process and documentation to avoid similar future scenarios
- Manage the activities and accountable for the outcome for complex and highly visibility efforts
- Assist in portfolio activities and the creation of templates, process improvement, and framework for the Business Analyst team
Additional Responsibilities for Sr. Business Analyst:
- Lead strategic planning, tactical execution, and operationalization of various efforts aligned with a portfolio and organization objectives while remaining compliant with applicable regulatory guidelines
- Troubleshoot complex issues and mobilize teams without direct authority
- Lead a portfolio of business process and entire solution lifecycle through inception, implementation, and operations
- Guide technical and architectural discussions that impacts processes and user experience
- Identify opportunities to streamline and scale processes that aligns with organizational goals
- Participate in the creation business and financial cases as necessary
- Delegate and supervise the work of vendors and contractors to meet business needs while abiding to situational guidelines
- Graduate with 5+ years of experience (10+ for Sr. Business Analyst) or Master’s degree with 3+ (5+ for Sr. Business Analyst) years’ experience
- 5+ years (10+ for Sr. Business Analyst) in a Business Analyst role with proven experience in technology delivery and process mapping and improvement
- Demonstrated technical understanding of application architecture including various technologies and complexity such as SAAS solutions, web applications, repositories, relational databases, and reporting
- Working understanding of IT interactions across one or more business functions including Research, Development, Manufacturing, Commercial, Human Resources, Finance, and Legal
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interface and influence internal and external partners at multiple organization levels
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a high degree of self-motivation, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to proactively plan, organize, deliver with limited oversight, prioritize, and quickly adapt to changing situations
- Proficient in essential tools such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Additional Qualification for Sr. Business Analyst:
- Hands on experience operationalizing end to end business processes
- Evaluates business processes, identifies needs, and develops strategies to maximize opportunities for a specific business function within Seattle Genetics.
- Has experience on Release management for IT applications with a specific focus on SaaS application
- Familiarity with biotech/pharmaceutical business processes and applications
- Master’s in business and Administration (MBA)
- Experience with GxP, ICH, 21CFR, Part 11 regulations, Annex 11, GDPR, or CCPA
- Experience in one or more of the following organizations: Research, Manufacturing, Development, Commercial, Human Resources, or Information Technology.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Veeva CRM, Veeva Vault product suite, ERP, LIMS, HRIS, IAM, or Service Now
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.