Research Scientist, Late Stage Development
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly collaborative Research Scientist to lead research activities supporting late-stage clinical programs. This individual will be responsible for research activities on cross-functional project teams for drug development candidates and/or approved therapeutics. The successful candidate will contribute to Clinical Stage Product Teams by supporting Research Leads or Program Team Leads. They should have a sustained record of being a strong scientist, team player, strategic thinker, and an effective communicator.
- Design, conduct, and interpret experiments utilizing a diverse array of techniques aimed at expanding our understanding of therapeutic MOAs, predictors of sensitivity and resistance, and combination strategies as they emerge and evolve
- Independently prioritizes and drives individual projects
- Assist in prioritization and allocating efforts aligned with project goals
- Participate in cross-functional/interdepartmental research activities that support regulatory filings and expanded clinical opportunities
- Contribute to collaborative projects outside their own expertise
- May provide research support/oversight for external collaborations and/or MTAs
- Presents research at internal meetings, scientific conferences, key contributor to regulatory documents, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
- PhD in Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Immunology, or related field; or BS/MS in related field with industry experience in drug discovery and/or drug development (7+ years for BS, 5+ years for MS)
- Strong background in experimental cancer biology, in vivo pharmacology, biochemical and/or cell biology techniques
- Demonstrated record of first-author publication(s) and/or presentation(s) at scientific conferences
- Knowledge of ADCs and/or antibody-based therapeutics
- Expertise in pharmacology and design of cell-based assays
- Experience working with large and diverse data sets to select appropriate preclinical models and probe mechanisms of drug resistance and sensitivity
- Experience designing and executing in vivo studies to probe therapeutic mechanisms of action and/or the tumor microenvironment
- Knowledge of orthogonal methods to assess cancer target expression
- Knowledge of membrane protein function and trafficking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly evolving environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.