Associate Director Pharmaceutical Sciences
This position will focus on formulation development and characterization of Seattle Genetics' (SGEN) antibody and antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) The successful candidate will work closely with BioProcess Development, Analytical Sciences, and Quality Control. The successful candidate will also provide formulation and process characterization to support regulatory filings.
- Manage a group of scientists and research associates within the department of Pharmaceutical Science. Integrate activities of this group to develop stable formulation and robust fill finish manufacturing processes to meet timeline and product quality requirements
- Leading the effort in developing stable liquid and lyophilized formulations for antibodies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). Oversee multiple development projects including early phase and later phase programs
- Provide strategic and tactical contributions to Pharmaceutical Sciences operations and product development. Support senior leaders on continuous growth of the department, such as incorporate new technologies, improve efficiency, and establish best practices
- Provide strategic contribution to the development strategy, practice, and operations beyond function area. Lead or participate cross-functional taskforces and initiatives
- May lead CMC team(s) comprised of cross-functional representatives. Provide strategic inputs to program teams and updates to management on progress and issues. Communicate with senior management in TOPS on programs progress, demands, and align the strategies and priorities
- Review or author relevant CMC sections of regulatory submissions. Serve as SME or provide strategy guidance for key regulatory interactions
- Support technical transfer and manufacturing activities at fill finish CMOs. Cultivate excellent working relationship with external resources to deliver successful manufacturing campaigns
- External outreach and influence: participate and drive changes through industry workgroups or professional societies
- Collaborate effectively with other groups, including Purification, Conjugation, Analytical, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, and Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Foster good communication and team work among staff and across departments
- Recruit, motivate and develop staff, encourage personal growth and operational excellence
- M.S and 10+, or Ph.D. with 8+ years of industrial experience
- 5 + years supervisory or leadership experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.