Senior Scientist Bioinformatics
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to join the Translational Sciences Diagnostics, Analytics, & Biomarkers (TDAB) group at Seagen to contribute to the development of innovative drug candidates for treating cancer. You will be part of a skilled group leading the mechanistic understanding of novel therapeutics and patient selection strategies. A successful candidate will have demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, curiosity, collaboration cross-functionally, and independent thought. Opportunities for growth include serving as a TDAB representative on project teams, expanding knowledge in drug development, and participating in cross-functional teams. This position has the option of being based in our Seattle or South San Francisco offices.
This position will involve cross-functional teamwork to build and develop bioinformatics tools and provide analysis for ongoing clinical trials
- Collaborate with biomarker scientists and research teams to analyze clinical and biomarker data to support clinical development decision making
- Effectively communicate analysis results to Translational Sciences teams
- Implement and evaluate new predictive algorithms
- PhD in bioinformatics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or a biomedical discipline, and 2+ years of post-graduate experience
- Solid knowledge of relevant mathematics and statistical methods and proficiency using statistical analysis software or libraries such as R or Matlab
- Experience with a general scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, R, Python)
- Familiarity with standard coding best practices and source code control
- Background with 1 or more of the following: molecular biology, immunology, cancer biology, next-generation sequencing, flow cytometry, or image analysis is considered a plus
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.