Laboratory Supervisor - Research Lab
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Primary role of the Lab Technician III is to work in a highly collaborative environment providing lab support to Research Associates and Scientists. The Lab Technician III independently develops routine maintenance schedules, maintains laboratory organization and supply levels, and maintains laboratory equipment and analytical instruments.
- Planning for and managing maintenance contracts with vendors and coordinating with staff for appropriate timing of annual/biannual maintenance by facilities and vendors
- Point person for Facilities requests including equipment ordering and installation as well as coordinating lab improvements
- Ensure supply availability with increasing understanding of usage and coordinating with internal teams and Facilities to ensure supplies are available when needed. Maintaining lines of communication between Facilities, Purchasing, and laboratory staff
- Various other laboratory management tasks including stocking of tissue culture, coordinating decontamination of equipment, reagent inventory
- Maintaining appropriate documentation
- Training of Research Associates and Scientists on safety procedures and equipment maintenance
- 3+ years in role or related position
- High School diploma, Associates of Bachelors degree desirable
- Familiarity with common software solutions (i.e. Microsoft Office)
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.