Translational Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow
To meet the expanding needs in our research pipeline and drug development programs, Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Postdoctoral Fellow to join our Translational Sciences group. The successful candidate will focus on assessing the value of preclinical models (invitro, rodent and non-human primates) specifically used to elucidate exposure and effect (biological activity biomarkers) relationships for our immune-oncology pipeline assets and their translation to the clinical system. The initial experiments are expected to take approximately 2 years and will result in publications of great interest to the scientific community.
- Evaluate the “state-of-the-art” preclinical biological activity models in light of the needs of our company through literature review.
- Work closely with other Seagen scientists to identify specific questions/areas where these systems will be most impactful
- Actively design and execute experiments to determine the relevance of one or more of these preclinical systems using test articles with known clinical biological activity markers and pharmacokinetics.
- Assess the translation of one or more specific preclinical systems with the known clinical activity data
- Assess the utility of one or more specific preclinical systems, in screening of new therapeutic agents and establishing an exposure-effect relationship
- Communicate important findings within the company and to the outside community through presentations, posters, and publications
- Deep understanding of the emerging field of preclinical models of biological activity for immunoncology therapeutics and its importance to the biopharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience independently designing and utilizing preclinical model systems to understand biological mechanisms
- Previous experience with immunology & cancer biology is desirable
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication, organization and multitasking, and working in a collaborative and cross-functional research environment
- A strong publication record
- A newly awarded Ph.D. in a relevant field, or a PhD with 1-2 years of postdoc
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.