Medical Director, Canada
This position will have primary responsibility for developing and executing the Canadian Medical Affairs strategy to support the Seattle Genetics approved products in Canada, including ADCETRIS and TUKYSA. The position will align and collaborate with internal cross-functional partners and product specific global Medical Affairs leadership, as well as establish scientific relationships with disease state specific therapeutic experts across Canada. The position will be a key member to the Seattle Genetics Canadian management team, as well as leading the Canadian Medical Science Liaison team.
- Develop and execute cross functional Canadian Medical Affairs strategic plans for Seattle Genetics portfolio, including approved products and late-stage pipeline molecules, in alignment with Global Medical Affairs product specific strategic plans
- Create a robust Canadian medical engagement strategy across defined therapeutic areas
- Develop and enhance relationships with Canadian thought leaders, as well as clinical trial cooperative and advocacy groups across therapeutic areas
- Support Canadian Regulatory submissions through cross functional collaboration
- Support Canadian reimbursement access through cross functional collaboration
- Develop and manage Canadian field Medical Science Liaison team
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic biopharmaceutical leader with proven abilities as a medical leader, including leading field medical teams
- She/he will have a demonstrated track record of developing and executing Medical Affairs initiatives to ensure health care provider access to relevant clinical information to inform patient decision making and support appropriate product use following regulatory approval
- At least 5 years of experience in Canadian healthcare markets and regulatory landscapes
- Expertise in Oncology and Hematology is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and French
- MD or equivalent (preferred)
- PharmD or PhD degree with at least 7 years in a Senior Medical Affairs role; oncology and/or hematology experience preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.