Senior Engineer User Experience (UI/UX)
The Senior Engineer User Experience (UI/UX) role reports to the Senior Director, Data Sciences, within the Technical Operations and Process Sciences (TOPS) division. This role provides an opportunity to contribute to a trailblazing data science effort to help accelerate the development of transformative therapies targeting cancer and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. The ideal candidate should be adept in combining web design and data visualization skills with expertise in hands-on data management and cloud-based enterprise data warehouse. This role will involve extensive collaboration with stakeholders within the Data Science team and across our IT, Technical Development, Manufacturing, Quality, and Product Supply teams. The ideal candidate must be able to leverage the science of visual design and backend data management to implement creative data solutions for Decision Support. The successful candidate must be a high-performing team player with strong communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
UI/UX – with a key focus on web design and data visualization
- Collaborate with the Human Factors engineering team to develop use interface guidelines to establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Design creative page layouts and templates based on user flows, process flows and site maps, provided by Human Factors engineering team
- Design sample pages including colors and fonts
- Create and maintain a database of design assets
- Develop and maintain consistent branding
- Work closely with Human Factors Engineering and Data Management teams to make design decisions
- Prepare design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Work with front-end developers to deploy designs
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Alternate education in equivalent areas such as economics, engineering, mathematics, or physics, is acceptable
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant Data Science experience (5+ years for candidates with Masters)
- 1-3 of professional design experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PowerBI
- Familiarity with Python, R, SAS
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats.
- Awareness of UI/UX principles
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals, color theory, image composition, and typography
- Excellent time-management skills
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Heath Care industry experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.