Senior Manager Government Pricing
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Sr. Manager, Government Pricing will be responsible for leading/assisting in implementation of Third Party Vendors Government Pricing System (UATing, updating SOP, etc.), calculating and reporting of Average Selling Price (ASP), 340B Drug Pricing Program (“340B Program”), and quarterly Non-Federal Average Manufacturers Price (NFAMP) calculations and annual NFAMP and Federal Ceiling Price (FCP) calculations in accordance with the Veterans Healthcare Act (VHCA), Public Law 102-585. Additionally, this position will support IT, the pricing team analytics and ad hoc projects.
- Calculation and submission of Average Selling Price (ASP), 340B Drug Pricing Program (“340B Program”), quarterly Non-Federal Average Manufacturers Price (NFAMP) calculations and annual NFAMP and Federal Ceiling Price (FCP) calculations in accordance with the Veterans Healthcare Act (VHCA), in compliance with Public Law 102-585 and Medicaid regulations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (finance etc.) to address all upstream data issues that impact government price reporting your calculations.
- Ensure compliance with respect to pricing methodologies, product setups and data coordination to maintain adherence to all policies and controls dictated by regulatory authorities due to regulatory changes.
- User acceptance testing of Third-Party Vendors Government Pricing System during the initial implementation and yearly or updates mandated by third party vendor.
- Support key company stakeholders by modeling and analyzing risks and opportunities relative to government pricing
- Support commercial markets with pricing related modeling to support business needs and external policy analysis to assess company risks
- Update documentation and formalization of Government Pricing Policies and SOPs
- Collaborate with Seagen Legal Department to ensure compliant and timing filings, and archive all submissions and communications
- Capture and archive Seagen decisions/legal interruptions for reporting requirements
- Provide ad hoc analytics as requested utilizing available reporting tools and building new tools as needed
- Support other analytic projects within the Pricing and Analytics Team
- Attend industry conferences on an as-needed basis
- Identify and articulate improvement initiatives aligned with group and departmental goals and actively lead and/or participate in process improvement projects
- Perform other related job responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 – 6 years professional experience in government pricing and contracting within the pharma/biotech industry/consulting environment
- Knowledge of U.S. Government pricing statutes and regulations including knowledge of OBRA-90, 93, VA Healthcare, Medicare Modernization, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Acts
- Strong analytical, verbal and written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on follow-though and issue resolution are required
- Advanced knowledge of data analytic support systems, reporting functions and streamlining large data set as well as advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Self-starter with impeccable ethics and integrity, proven communication skills – verbal and written, with a clear ability to effectively communicate amongst different levels of the organization
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.