Associate Director, Corporate Finance
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
*This position can be based remotely
The Associate Director, Corporate Finance will serve as a key member in driving Seagen’s financial planning engine by supporting the evolution of our planning systems and processes. In addition, this role will partner with the Director, Corporate Finance, and the FP&A team to support a variety of corporate finance deliverables including quarterly forecast, annual budget, and executive committee/board of directors reporting and analysis.
Planning Systems and Processes:
- Serve as member of the core team of Seagen’s financial planning systems (Oracle Cloud/Hyperion) strategy, implementation, and on-going maintenance in partnership with functional finance teams, Finance Systems, and IT
- Lead corporate level driver evaluation and refinement (compensation/merit, corporate level allocations, etc.)
- Partner with Director, Corporate Finance to drive corporate planning cycles (quarterly forecast, annual budget) across target setting, timelines, dependencies, and P&L responsibilities
- Serve as Seagen’s capex finance project manager to drive governance, approval, and execution of capital expenditures from across the Seagen organization.
Reporting and Scenario Analytics:
- Partner with Director, Corporate Finance and finance business partners to analyze Seagen’s financial and operational results, assess and distill significant variances, and tailor insights across executive to manager level audiences
- Support scenarios/analytics to develop recommendation for financial guidance to be communicated externally during earnings call
- Partner with Director, Corporate Finance to storyboard, model, and generate presentations for variety of executive level audiences including Seagen’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Minimum 8 years financial planning and analysis experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with financial modelling and investment analysis
- Extensive experience with financial planning systems (Oracle Cloud/Hyperion preferred)
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience preferred, not required
- Excellent Excel modeling skills including operational FP&A
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated Strategic Ability: The ability to think bigger picture across diverse functional areas of the business and help arrive at the best decision for the overall organization. Ability to incorporate multiple perspectives and variables to analyze issues in order to reach an opinion and recommendation on the best path forward along with articulation of pros and cons of different available options and proposed recommendations
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The person must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A “can-do” attitude is an absolute must
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen:The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment. Hands-on, with the ability to transition from strategic thinking to tactical execution
- Bachelor’s degree required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.