Research Associate I/II, BioProcess Development
Seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate I/II who will be part of the Material Generation Team (MGT) with a focus on purification at Seagen, a leader in the development of innovative therapeutics like antibody drug-conjugates (ADCs) in the field of cancer. The candidate will join an exciting and dynamic team environment and assist in supporting all development programs in supplying critical material needed for cross functional development and IND enabling studies. In addition, the candidate will also support the evaluation of novel technologies and process/platform improvements.
- RAI and RAII
- Perform downstream purification operations to the final formulated mAb intermediate
- Perform mammalian cell culture including initiation and propagation of cell lines using aseptic techniques
- Prepare buffer and media solutions to support experiments in the lab
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all lab activities and work routinely with electronic data records and applications
- Perform data analysis to support planning, execution and interpretation of experimental data
- Perform bioreactor, Purification skid, and chromatography column maintenance
- Execute assigned projects as part of a team and present key findings in a team setting regularly
- Present results both within group and to cross-functional teams
- RAII (all above plus)
- May be representative for functional area on CMC teams
- Demonstrates understanding of AKTA and UNICORN programming
- RAI: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related field with some hands on lab experience.
- mAb purification experience (filtration and chromatography)
- Familiar with following detailed lab operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Some familiarity with bioreactor operations and/or lab automation
- Detail oriented, strong organization and time management skills
- Team player, great communication and leadership skills
- Motivated and willing to learn and grown
- Creative problem solver willing to troubleshoot and establish new protocols
- Experience using lab software and/or electronic lab notebooks
- RAII: B.S. in above fields + 2yr’s of experience or M.S. and 0 – 2 yr’s experience
- AKTA experience
- Prior experience working with protein purification
- Prior experience working in an upstream cell culture environment
- Proficient in troubleshooting and using lab automation
- Prior experience data management using ELN
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.