Senior Manager Data and AI Platforms
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Data Strategy, Science, & Solutions team’s (DSS&S) mission is to provide quality data, visualization, data science, & machine learning capabilities to enable Seagen to make impactful decisions, generate actionable insights, & create new patient value. Our intent is to empower everyone at Seagen to use data to make decisions and take action in support of a Seagen’s mission to improve treatment outcomes for patients. We are a data product focused, dynamic and agile team within Seagen’s Global IT organization. We have an open, respectful, and empowering culture, and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
The primary mission of the Sr. Manager of Data and AI Platforms is to lead the design, development, and execution of the Seagen Self-Service Data Platform in support of our mission to empower data teams across Seagen to deliver best-in-class data products. This role will be responsible for guiding the day-to-day technical delivery of cross-functional engineers, as you lead the development of our core self-service data platform and its supporting services, guided by principles of Agile, DevSecOps, and continuous innovation. The Sr. Manager, Data and AI Platforms is a key leader on our team helping to build a quality-driven culture to adhere to the highest standards of security, usability, performance, and scalability while optimizing cost and innovating with emerging data and analytics technologies.
- Guiding development work, removing blockers, and making product and technical decisions to help your team effectively meet its goals
- Pair with developers and engineers as needed to encourage best practices so that value is added as quickly as possible on new initiatives
- Establish a security first mindset in partnership with the IT Security team
- Resolve bottle necks in the service impacting user experiences
- Develop foundational code patterns to enable team delivery
- Identify and develop with team opportunities to lower the lead time to value
- Define and implement observability strategies
- Mentor and coach developers and platform engineers
- Work with product owners and business analysts to write user stories
- Designing and developing resilient, scalable solutions that help drive user success
- Reviewing technical designs and providing recommendations on technical direction to both peers and senior management
- Develop timelines and evaluate & communicate risks & progress.
- Be a Seagen culture ambassador by establishing positive and productive working relationships across all levels and teams by embodying the Seagen values:
- Passion for helping patients
- Scientific excellence
- Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect
- Great work environment
- 7+ years’ experience in software or platform engineering, including experience managing production systems
- 2+ years of experience as a project lead or management experience leading the delivery of highly scalable technology solutions
- Experience architecting, designing, analyzing, running, and maturing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working in a DevOps organization
- Demonstrated experience delivering with a security first mindset
- Expertise in a programming language such as Python or Java
- Demonstrated success working on software engineering problems that span multiple products
- Understanding of the complete software development lifecycle from requirements to production operations
- Experience with Machine Learning is preferred
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate willingness to learn and to grow within the role
- Demonstrated ability to deliver through other software or platform engineers
- Evidence of a strong sense of ownership and product understanding
- Experience working across multiple cross functional engineering teams globally
- Experience being creative and having initiative to improve product quality coverage and effectiveness
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience thriving in an ambiguous environment that demands constant self-prioritization
- Experience with GxP practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and can communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Able to build strong relationships while working with a fully remote team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, Data Science, or related field
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.