Associate Manager Scientific Communications
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Summary: Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive scientific communication activities, such as:
- Execute the global strategic scientific communication plan, including the scientific communication platform, publication plan, and additional educational resources that align with program objectives
- Conduct gap analyses to identify medical/scientific communication needs or opportunities
- Development of program-specific materials such as mechanistic graphics, videos and other templates for internal and external use
- Track company- or investigator-led publications
- Create slide decks for specific disease state education materials, manuscript summaries, program-specific FAQs, medical congress summaries, briefing documents, etc.
- Provide writing and editorial support for Medical Affairs-driven publications
- Track timelines and milestones for projects contracted with external vendors providing tactical support and provide status reports to Medical Communications Senior Management
- Ensure work is high quality and developed on time and within budget
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing metrics to assess the reach of medical communications and disseminate key communication insights and outcomes to internal stakeholders
- As needed, support achievement of broader Medical Affairs organizational goals, projects, and timelines
- An advanced scientific degree (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) required; a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree is acceptable with relevant experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant biotech, pharmaceutical, or agency experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals (such as Medical Communications, Medical Writing, or Medical Education). Experience within oncology is preferred
- Demonstrable communication skills (verbal/written), negotiation skills, ability to work well in cross-functional teams and, establish relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and external partners
- Strong project management skills, including budget management and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute efficiently when priorities shift
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Understanding of publication planning and knowledge of external clinical publication practices and standards (ICJME, AMA, GPP) preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook; experience with Adobe Acrobat and InDesign a plus
- Experience managing contract vendors is a plus
- Job may require up to 5% domestic travel
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.