Research Associate II/III Pharmaceutical Sciences
Seattle Genetics is looking for a motivated Research Associate II/III to work in Pharmaceutical Sciences. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to perform routine testing for process-related impurities including host cell proteins (HCPs), Protein A leachate, glucan, and growth factor IGF-1 LongR3. This person will also participate in development and qualification of impurity characterization and quantification methods. An additional objective of this position will be the support and development of enzyme assays to detect, characterize, and quantify specific HCPs. The desired candidate will have a strong background in protein biochemistry or a related discipline, with particular emphasis on enzyme assay development, and the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative manner.
- Support development of enzyme assays to measure and track HCPs
- Perform process-related impurities sample testing, analyze and compile data
- Assist method development and qualification to meet program needs and timelines
- Transfer impurity methods and reagents to internal or external teams and manufacturing facilities
- Summarize and present experimental findings in team meetings, participate in discussions and author technical reports
- B.S. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or other biological science
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in plate-based assay development and troubleshooting, including ELISAs
- Strong data analysis and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Direct experience developing and optimizing enzymatic assays in academic or industry setting
- Working knowledge of enzyme mechanisms and kinetics
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.