Associate Director Portfolio Management
With increasing depth and breadth of Seattle Genetics product portfolio and the growing complexity of its business, Seattle Genetics is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) team leading the portfolio management business. This position and the PPM team play a critical role in facilitating and guiding strategic business planning, product governance and portfolio decision-making in partnership with the Corporate Strategy, Alliances and Communications group and the Portfolio Steering Committee. The ideal candidate will be both strategic and detail‐oriented, have a strong understanding of drug development and interest in applying those skills in a portfolio management capacity. This role reports directly to the VP, Program and Portfolio Management.
- Own Program Strategy Review (PSR) process for 1Q and mid-year reviews, including defining deliverables, developing template materials, outlining content preparation and review process, and provide ongoing communication and engagement with Global Product Teams (GPTs).
- Generate materials highlighting critical portfolio insights to drive strategic portfolio review discussions during program strategy reviews (1Q and mid-year check-ins).
- Identify and lead portfolio‐based strategic initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of business and planning processes, including development of portfolio operating model, and generating consolidated view of portfolio probability of technical and regulatory success.
- Partner with GPTs and other functions (e.g., Development, Finance, Commercial) to gather portfolio insights and generate portfolio reports to share with Executive Leadership, including portfolio views accompanying program dashboards, milestone / decision reports shared during development quarterly reviews, and program resourcing trends.
- Partner with GPTs to provide portfolio context and insights to support program decision-making.
- Manage portfolio governance forums and develop tools to clarify operating model, including team structures and decision-making processes.
- Lead strategic working groups and forums made up of cross-functional stakeholders, including establishing agenda, facilitating discussions, developing content for key interactions, and tracking actions to advance progress and answer strategic questions.
- Drive preparation for cross-program meetings, including identifying agenda topics to highlight, generating content, and presenting key topics to audience (200+ attendees).
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business-related field required. MBA or advanced scientific degree strongly preferred
- 6+ years in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Strong understanding of the drug development process
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to integrate complex information and identify key takeaways and insights to inform strategic decision‐making
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team member with the ability to influence without formal authority
- Effective presentation, facilitation, and executive‐level messaging skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and building new processes; thrives in a fast‐paced environment
- Creative and solutions‐oriented problem solver
- Understanding of how to calculate and interpret financial metrics such as NPV, ROI, etc.
- Required: strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Project; ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Management consulting experience desired
- Oncology experience helpful, but not required
- Experience with Planisware, SharePoint and other project management, reporting, and visualization tools helpful, but not required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.