Senior IT Business Partner
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Senior IT Business Partner (Senior ITBP) is a member of the IT Business Partnership team, which maintains strategic alignment between Global IT and the business organizations at Seagen (SGEN). This critical role has the exciting opportunity to nurture a collaborative partnership with both business and IT stakeholders, driving digital transformation in support of SGEN’s mission to bring new therapies to patients in need.
The Senior ITBP is assigned to a specific Seagen division(s) as one of a matrixed team of partners, led by a Senior Director of ITBP. Depending on the division size and focus areas, this Senior ITBP may be dedicated to one or more key departments or initiatives.
As a member of the ITBP team, the Senior ITBP serves as a trusted advisor and facilitator, weaving conversations and data points together to proactively identify the highest value IT opportunities, and subsequently bring them back into IT for design, planning and delivery. They contribute IT-specific thought leadership and expertise that clearly aligns with stakeholder needs and priorities.
The Senior ITBP also participates in the development of best practices and frameworks to advance Global IT’s strategic contribution at SGEN.
- Nurture the strategic relationship between IT and mid-level stakeholders
- Develop deep domain knowledge of assigned stakeholders’ functions
- Facilitate discovery to stimulate, surface, and shape value-driven demand
- Support stakeholders in articulating clear vision and requirements
- Manage expectations -- balance advocacy of business needs and IT considerations
- Apply ITBP engagement model (methods, tools) to drive consistent, quality experience
- Model a culture of shared accountability, measurable impact, and continuous evolution
- Focus on a broader base of stakeholders within a specific department or initiative(s), as part of a division team lead by an ITBP Director
- Contribute to and maintain portions of roadmaps; develop and socialize when appropriate
- Work on complex problems with the ability to recommend industry and best practices to management and implement accordingly
- Collaborate with IT peers to align and converge strategic planning and roadmaps
- Collaborate within IT to prioritize work items, balancing fiscal responsibility and urgency
- Partner with stakeholders to create business cases that articulate clear requirements and value
- Partner with IT peers to address strategic concerns and voice of the customer in planning
- Socialize and endorse IT governance and processes for discovery, prioritization, and planning
- Joint with IT peers, track and report out portfolio progress to stakeholders
Solutioning and Delivery
- Partner with IT peers to optimize solution, implementation, and support decisions/approaches
- Advocate focus on value and clarity over solutioning when evaluating ideas, risk, and needs
- Represent stakeholders: Clarify priorities and questions, remove roadblocks, facilitate the negotiation of changes
- Using available resources, monitor performance and proactively manage expectations, including trends in delivery, demand, support, compliance, and more
- Endorse and apply enterprise guiding principles, and technology reuse where appropriate
- Endorse and socialize initiatives and processes initiating from within IT
- Contribute to ensuring that IT applications, systems, processes, and personnel are implemented and operated in compliance with global regulations and standards (i.e., GxP, CFR, ICH, GDPR)
- 8+ years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Business knowledge: demonstrated knowledge of key business processes and industry awareness of trends in the bio/pharma industry
- Development (Clinical Development, Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance/Safety, and Medical Affairs) OR
- Real estate and facilities (enterprise asset management, ELN, LIMS)
- Technical operation (manufacturing, supply chain, process sciences, quality assurance, and quality compliance)
- Compliance knowledge: strong understanding of software development life cycle in a regulated environment (GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and data privacy, computer system validation) with responsibility to ensure systems are compliant with FDA and global regulations
- Strategic Thinking: ability to consider a problem abstractly and develop an approach that meets Company strategic goals
- Strategic Planning: Ability to package and syndicate a message, garner business support, drive and document vision / strategy, plan & organize, providing progress on multiple projects
- Credibility and Presence: the ability to capture the confidence of the organization in presenting new ideas or solutions
- Collaboration / Communication / Teamwork: establish and maintain successful interactions within the organization. Ability to build relationships with a high level of confidence and resiliency
- Leadership: ability to take independent action, working with a high-level problem or concept, developing the right next steps to propose resolution and ensuring successful outcome
- Influence Skills: ability to factually resolve conflicts and differences of opinion in a respectful yet assertive way
- Outcome oriented: Balance creativity and innovation against practical / cost effective approaches
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.