The Quantitative Pharmacology and Disposition department is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Pharmacokineticist to join our efforts in developing innovative antibody-based therapies that improve outcomes for patients with cancer. The main focus will be evaluating the preclinical characteristics and translational projection into humans of novel small molecules, drug-linkers, and therapeutic proteins. The role includes the option to follow development candidates through IND-enabling studies. This will involve both providing general modeling and simulation support as well as representing the translational ADME group in project teams.
- Design, interpret, and report preclinical in vitro and in vivo PK, PD, and ADME studies for target validation and candidate selection
- Build PBPK and PK/PD models to guide dose regimen selection for preclinical studies and clinical trials
- Constructing platform models of classes of compounds to inform both preclinical and clinical development decisions
- Manage outsourced studies and prepare related sections of documents for regulatory review
- Represent team in highly collaborative groups across Research, Translational Sciences, and Clinical Development
- Lead collaborations with internal and external partners for scientific research projects
- An advanced degree (PhD or PharmD) in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, engineering or related field
- An in depth knowledge of large and small molecule PK/ADME
- Proficient with software for developing differential equation-based models (e.g., Matlab, R, NONMEM), performing non-compartmental analysis (Phoenix/WinNonlin, R, etc)
- Experience in working as DMPK representative in early stage biologics project teams to guide candidate selection, PK and PD study design, mechanistic PK/PD or TK/TD modeling and human PK/dose prediction
- Ability to identify key project related questions, build hypotheses and lead a team effort in solving problems
- A proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
- Experience with contribution to INDs and other regulatory submissions
- Strong communication and presentation skills in small groups and for large audiences
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen, Inc. is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, Inc., please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.