Research Associate III/Senior Research Associate - Conjugation
Seattle Genetics, Inc. is an emerging multi-product, global biotechnology company that develops and commercializes transformative therapies targeting cancer to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Learn more about Seattle Genetics at www.seattlegenetics.com.
We are seeking an experienced biochemist to join our Core Conjugation team within the Research organization at Seagen. The successful candidate will be highly proficient in various conjugation and protein characterization techniques, including experience purifying antibodies at a broad range of scale (microgram to gram). This person will make novel ADCs, perform analytical characterization and mentor others in these processes. There is flexibility for this RA III level position to allow for a Senior RA, contingent on the candidate’s qualifications and demonstrated leadership and management experience. This person will play a critical role in supporting the Research department’s preclinical efforts to develop novel antibody-based therapeutics.
- Preparation, purification and characterization of ADCs using established and experimental conjugation methodologies
- Analytical characterization of antibodies and ADCs including HPLC, LC/MS and spectroscopy
- Conception and implementation of new laboratory efficiencies
- Collaboration with project teams and Research and Development scientists
- Effective presentation of data in multiple forums
- Manage and mentor conjugation scientists, responsible for the team’s overall performance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry or related field
- Experience in protein purification and preparative liquid chromatography techniques
- Experience in analytical HPLC chromatography techniques including mass spectrometry analysis of proteins.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to perform routine tasks independently and commitment to high quality analysis and documentation
- Prior experience working with electronic lab notebooks and/or LIMS systems
- Team player with a track record of strong collaboration
In addition to above, an RA III candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of post-baccalaureate lab experience in an academic and/or industry environment.
- Leadership and mentoring skills desired
- Previous experience performing bioconjugation desired
- Experience practicing lab safety, including to the use of cytotoxic chemicals
- Experience and knowledge of protein formulation and stability desired
- Ability to clearly summarize and present data to colleagues
In addition to above, a Senior RA candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of post-baccalaureate lab experience in an academic and/or industry environment.
- Experience leading a team and mentoring junior team members
- Extensive experience performing bioconjugation required
- Experience practicing and enforcing lab safety, including to the use of cytotoxic chemicals
- Experience and knowledge of protein formulation and stability required
- Demonstrated ability to clearly summarize and present data to larger (30-100) interdisciplinary audiences
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.