Staff Scientist, Conjugation
We are seeking a highly skilled biochemist with management experience, to join our Core Conjugation team within the Research organization at Seagen. The successful candidate will be highly proficient in various conjugation and protein characterization techniques, including experience purifying antibodies at a broad range of scale (microgram to gram). This person should have a track record of leading others. They will be expected to mentor others as they work together to make novel ADCs and perform analytical characterization. This position is highly collaborative, and this person will represent the Conjugation Team in several cross departmental projects. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the Research department’s preclinical efforts to develop novel antibody-based therapeutics.
- Preparation, purification and characterization of ADCs using established and experimental conjugation methodologies
- Analytical characterization of antibodies and ADCs including HPLC, LC/MS and spectroscopy
- Conception and implementation of new laboratory efficiencies
- Collaboration with project teams and Research and Development scientists
- Effective presentation of data in multiple forums
- Guiding and mentoring of conjugation scientists
- Manage efforts of direct reports within the Conjugation core group to facilitate timely delivery of materials for study
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of post-baccalaureate lab experience in an academic and/or industry environment.
- Experience in antibody/protein purification and preparative liquid chromatography techniques at a variety of scales, including knowledge of protein formulation and stability.
- Experience in analytical HPLC chromatography techniques including mass spectrometry analysis of protein
- A working knowledge of chemistry and various bioconjugation techniques including maleimide conjugation
- Experience training and leading others in laboratory skills, as well as personal development
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Experience practicing and enforcing lab safety
- Demonstrated ability to clearly summarize and present data to larger interdisciplinary audiences
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.