(Senior) Medical Science Liaison, the Netherlands
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are currently recruiting for a (Senior) MSL in the Netherlands. The MSL will provide a bridge between clinical development, medical affairs, and the commercial organization. The incumbent will be responsible for interactions with health-care professionals (HCPs), investigators, institutions, cooperative groups, formulary committees and other healthcare professionals. to provide scientific and medical support regarding an Oncology product. The MSL’s knowledge will help shape strategies and tactics of the Benelux affiliate and will be a key contributor in our combined efforts to make Seagen products available to patients in the Netherlands following EMA approval.
This is a unique opportunity to build something new and be involved in the whole spectrum of drug development. We are offering a role that is part of a Benelux team where everyone’s contribution counts, with many opportunities to interact with colleagues across Europe and at our headquarters.
The MSL reports to the Medical Director Benelux. The position is home based and requires travel across the Netherlands.
- Be responsible for identifying and building relationships with HCPs, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and cooperative groups in the Netherlands
- Deliver scientific presentations internally and externally in either one-on-one or group settings
- Develop and implement the strategic Medical Engagement plan for a Seagen product in close alignment with European Regional Medical Affairs
- Help develop and implement the market access strategy for a Seagen product in the Netherlands and provide relevant input for the price/reimbursement dossier
- Facilitate scientific discussions in the field and work with in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (i.e., new data, competitive information, customer insights, medical communications support) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization
- Identify key clinical and research issues from therapy area experts and communicate to appropriate departments within region Europe to help shape company research, development, marketing plans and strategies
- Execute conference strategy, including staffing of scientific booths at major conferences and regional clinical meetings in alignment with the company’s objectives of region Europe
- Support advisory board meetings and investigator meetings
- Provide support for content development of medical education activities
- Compliantly respond to unsolicited HCP requests for off label information. Effectively communicate feedback and insights from the field within Medical Affairs Europe and to other internal partners
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the regional medical and clinical teams, to support corporate trials including trial awareness and education
- Stay abreast of relevant medical literature in a self-directed manner
- As needed, collaborate with cross-functional partners within Medical Affairs and across other departments
- Act as a key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs)
Additional Responsibilities for Senior MSL:
- Contributions to development of regional and local Medical Affairs Plans
- Mentor and train newly hired MSLs
- Lead local key strategic or special projects
- 5+ years of relevant experience within hematology/oncology
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) preferred
- Prior Medical Affairs experience within a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company strongly preferred
- Significant relevant experience can be considered towards "Senior MSL" designation
- Clinical or research experience in the area of hematology or oncology is a preference
- Prior experience in the field of breast cancer preferred
- Candidate should have strong presentation / interaction and time management skills and experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical community
- Comfortable working remotely, able to work independently and effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Sense of urgency
- Interested in new ways of thinking and innovative approaches
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and the ability to manage expectations
- Proven ability to establish strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A true passion for science and in making a difference in patients' lives
As a leading employer in our industry, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.Seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.