Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for 7+ direct reports, and in partnership with the Accounts Payable Manager, is responsible for ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of all transactions with our vendors. The Accounts Payable Supervisor promotes high quality service through clear communication and effective execution in accordance with Seagen policies.
- Own the end-to-end Accounts Payable process, including vendor disputes, cash disbursement reviews, vendor master data review, maintenance of audit trails. Support the month-end close as needed
- Directs tasks and workload of the accounts payable team to meet department objectives. Provide support, training and mentoring as needed
- Monitor accounts payable functions to evaluate and improve performance of the Accounts Payable team. Create an environment of continuous improvement for the Accounts Payable process and team
- Responsible for invoice entry of more evolved invoices (clinical) and join the team in “rolling up their sleeves” when necessary
- Monitor internal controls within the Procure to Pay cycle, including collaboration with other departments when necessary. Ensure compliance of internal controls in accordance with SOX
- Support internal and external auditors’ requests
- Support the AP team in other related duties and projects such as: ensuring all written processes and procedures are current; processing 1099’s; system upgrades/implementation, and testing of systems
- 7+ years of progressive accounts payable experience required, including 2+ years of Accounts Payable supervisor or manager experience
- 2-year college degree, or relevant accounting related coursework
- Strong understanding of ERP purchasing and accounts payable modules, preferably Oracle
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to perform tasks both in a team as well as individually
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo, seeking efficiencies and process improvement while upholding a strong internal control environment. Generates new approaches to problems, demonstrates imagination
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Maintains a take-charge attitude; drives to accomplish objectives; influences others by instilling enthusiasm; is proactive and a self-starter
- Experience with ERP system implementations and development of policy/procedures is a plus
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functions
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical/High-tech industry experience a plus
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.