Research Associate III/Senior Research Associate, Bioprocess Development (Purification)
he BioProcess Development Department at Seattle Genetics is seeking an upper level Research Associate to execute and lead purification process development efforts for our antibody and antibody-drug conjugate programs. The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of chromatographic and filtration- based separation techniques, strong critical thinking skills, and an ability to design, execute, and draw conclusions from experimental studies. The ideal candidate should have good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional project teams.
- Lead purification process development efforts for new molecules from platform process fit assessment through IND submission
- Design and execute bench-scale chromatography and filtration development and characterization studies
- Contribute towards pilot-scale purifications to support team supply and toxicology batch manufacturing
- Transfer manufacturing processes to internal and/or external manufacturing facilities
- Lead and execute viral clearance validation studies supporting all phases of development
- Work with multiple functional areas and represent purification interests on cross-functional project teams
- Lead and execute studies to support technology development supporting the Process Sciences 2025 Roadmap
- Author technical reports and regulatory filings
- Summarize and present data in group and project team meetings and contribute to discussions and decisions
- A BS or MS degree in chemistry, engineering, biochemistry, biological sciences or related discipline
- BS + 6 years or MS + 4 years of protein purification experience in the biotechnology industry
- Good understanding of purification techniques and experimental design
- Experience with design and execution of viral clearance validation studies is preferred
- Experience with technical transfer to GMP manufacturing sites is preferred
- Experience with AKTA systems and Unicorn software is preferred
- Experience with TECAN systems is preferred
- An understanding of statistical methods in Design of Experiments (DOE) is helpful
- Strong organization, time management and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- A team player with good communication skills, desire to achieve team and individual goals
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.