Senior IT Communications Analyst
In this role, you will partner with the Change Management Organization to help ensure that Seagen-wide technology initiatives are conveyed effectively and that core objectives – awareness or adoption – are achieved with measurable success. This role requires the ability to see the big picture as well as the details as they pertain to a broad audience of staff, including leaders, and various stakeholders across the company. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to apply critical thinking to communications strategy, messaging, and implementation. This role requires situational adaptability and an ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders in a way that builds upon Change Management Organization’s reputation as a good partner with expertise that benefits both individual goals and Global IT as a whole. You will help to develop and pull through the Change Management Organization’s technology initiative communications strategy and bring to life the technology initiatives delivered by Global IT in a way that is palatable to a diverse, global audience through modern communication channels.
Primary responsibilities include executing Global IT’s initiative communications strategy and plans, both broadly across Seagen and within certain departments requiring strategic communications support. This includes leading internal communications planning and execution for technology initiatives to ensure content is strategic, informative, and engaging; aligned with Seagen culture, Seagen standards, best practices, and overall internal communications objectives and plans. The role will also partner closely with the Corporate Communications team to ensure alignment of quality and effective communications including delivery processes and communications timing.
- Partner with key stakeholders across Seagen to understand strategies for technology initiatives and oversee the development and execution of the required strategic communications, which includes incorporating change management principles, as needed, to achieve the initiative success criteria
- Ensure technology initiatives are thoughtful, forming connections across functions where possible, and successfully communicated to Seagen stakeholders, and that metrics are set and met for each
- Work with the Change Management Organization and Seagen’s Corporate Communications team to maintain a strategic and well-balanced Global IT communications editorial calendar that aligns with an overall Seagen communications calendar
- Manage the work of contract and consulting staff, as needed, and ensure that technology initiatives are brought in on budget and on time, and that success metrics are met.
- Identify and implement best practices and trends in technology communications and measurement to help meet team goals
- Responsible for the strategy, design, development, and management of Global IT’s communications delivery methodology and operating model for technology initiatives, including ensuring adoption by working closely with Seagen leadership involved in technology initiatives
- Minimum of seven years of experience in internal communications or change management roles
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- The ability to handle sensitive, confidential communications initiatives and/or projects in line with Seagen policies and biotechnology/pharmaceutical standards
- Proven ability to create and implement comprehensive communications programs that support a corporate strategy and drive employee engagement
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task
- Experience measuring the success/ROI of employee communications programs
- Demonstrated ability to write for a variety of channels and audiences
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Desire to learn and grow with the business
- Ability to independently problem solve to quickly resolve issues
- Strong familiarity with Office 365 and related collaboration tools
- Knowledge of Sharepoint Online and demonstrated ability to update and strategically manage Intranet content
- Experience in external communications or ex-U.S. communications
- Experience with identifying and successfully implementing internal communications tools and technologies
- Experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles and communications best practices
- Change management certified or passion for employee engagement and organizational change management
- Able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while remaining sufficiently change agile to change direction should strategy require it
- Experience creating communications in the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on biotech or pharmaceutical
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.