Senior Statistical Programmer
Seagen is seeking a Sr. Statistical Programmer to join our rapidly growing Biometrics team. The ideal candidate for this position will drive results and communicate effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
The Senior Statistical Programmer will design, develop, and modify SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data in accordance with statistical analysis plans. Responsible for contributing expertise in the review of case report forms, statistical analysis plans, data management plans, and data set or reporting specifications. Acts as the liaison between clinical and study programming teams as needed. Efficient in writing, testing, and assisting with the standardization of programs and utilities up to the department level. Write requirements and specifications with consideration of regulatory and company standards as well as cross-protocol consistency, participate in the creation of study-level documentation, and assist with the setup of new studies. This role may also provide support for ongoing regulatory and safety reporting needs for regulatory submissions.
- Develop and validate SAS® programs to produce high-quality datasets, tables, listings and figures within set timelines in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
- Independently implement routine and non-standard analysis algorithms for assigned projects or studies
- Provide statistical programming support for one or more studies
- Ensure compliance with company and industry standards; contribute to defining specifications for assigned studies when appropriate
- Review and provide feedback on deliverables from other clinical groups including but not limited to statistical analysis plans, table, listing, and figure shells, data management plans, data transfer plans, and case report forms
- Communicate clearly and proactively with study and project teams to clarify requirements and specifications, update others on assignment status, and convey data irregularities
- Participate in initiatives that facilitate infrastructure and process enhancements within Biometrics
- Train and mentor junior programmers
- BS and 7+ years of software development and/or programming experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, or healthcare industries; or MS/PhD and 5+ years of software development and/or programming experience in these industries
- 5+ years of experience in performing statistical programming using SAS® for creating and testing analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures for Phase I-IV clinical trials
- 3+ years of experience in writing SAS macros
- Good understanding of and hands-on experience with CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM standards
- Advanced SAS® programming skills
- Demonstrated proactivity and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and project management skills
- Proven ability to operate with limited oversight
- Ability to manage deliverables under tight timelines
- Experience acting as an advisor to management and clients on technical work and area of expertise
- Works on complex projects requiring independence and initiative
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.