Senior Scientist, Data Analytics
The Sr. Scientist (Data Analytics) role reports to the Associate Director, Data Science, within the Technical Operations and Process Sciences (TOPS) division. This is a greenfield opportunity in a newly formed Group tasked with the objective of leading a trailblazing data science effort to help accelerate the development of transformative therapies targeting cancer and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. We have an experimental and rapid-prototyping mindset in which failing fast is a win to explore high-risk/high-reward strategic quantitative digital solutions. Thus, the ideal candidate will play a major contributory role in the execution of far-reaching Analytics solutions to support the development of a multi-informatic platform for actionable insights. You will interact heavily with Lab Scientists, Business Partners, Data Analysts, and Data Engineers across our IT, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality, and Product Supply teams. As a result, you will help us develop better manufacturing processes and drug products, deepen the understanding of our processes and products, culminating in optimal data-driven decisions.
- Conduct data analyses by leveraging a variety of traditional and modern analytics approaches (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, projection, and prescriptive) to deliver data science solutions including investigations, trending, anomalies or deviations, root cause analyses, etc.
- Lead data mining (knowledge discovery) initiatives to help generate useful insights from historical data (tribal knowledge)
- Recommend and apply state-of-the-art analytical techniques to various data sets
- Understand new data sources and process pipelines, and catalog/document them
- Apply various ML and advanced analytics techniques to perform regression, classification, forecasting, prediction, What-if/simulation tasks
- Testing of ML models such as cross-validation, A/B testing, bias and fairness
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and IT to evaluate and implement ML deployment options including leveraging data preparation workflow tools (i.e. Alteryx)
- Continuously monitor the execution and health of prototype and production ML models
- Identify analytical/Machine Learning business opportunities
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to create data pipelines for analyses as well as more efficient and repeatable data science projects
- Contribute to writing effective APIs to key data assets within the organization
- Continue upskilling oneself through conferences, publications, coursework etc.
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Alternate education in equivalent areas such as economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or physics, is acceptable
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (5+ years for candidates with Masters)
- Knowledge of theoretical and computational methods in statistics, computer science, dynamical systems, economics, genomics, mathematics, data mining, and modeling
- Deep expertise in basic and advanced data science techniques and tools, including machine learning, supervised/unsupervised learning, and statistical analyses
- Demonstrated experience with one or more machine learning and NLP frameworks such as Scikit Learn, PyTorch, Tensor Flow Spark, NLTK, CNTK
- Experience with ML interpretability packages (Eli5, SHAP, LIME, TensorFlow Explain, etc.)
- Substantial coding knowledge and experience (Ex. R, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
- Confident, energetic self-starters, with strong moderation and communication skills to simplify complex topics for Business Users to understand benefits of Data Science
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Familiarity with databases (Ex. MySQL, MongoDB, SQL), web servers (Ex. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Experience with ELNs, Spotfire, Tableau, Java, R, Python, JMP, Biovia Discoverant, etc.
- Familiarity with CMC drug development
- Experience in commercial/open-source data discovery/analysis platforms
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.