Principal Scientist Immune Tumor Microenvironment
Seattle Genetics is building a skilled immuno-oncology team and is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with drug development experience to join our team. We are seeking an individual that is passionate about targeting components within the tumor microenvironment (TME) to advance cutting-edge oncology therapeutics from concept to clinical testing. The successful candidate will build and lead a team to advance our technology platforms and support development of novel oncology therapeutics. The candidate will evaluate pathways that regulate stromal and metabolism components of the tumor microenvironment, as well as unique immune cells that influence the state of the TME. The individual will explore these disease perpetrators with an eye on identifying receptors and signaling pathways critical for eliciting anti-tumor responses. The candidate will leverage these insights and scientific expertise to propose strategies for therapeutic targeting.
- Provide scientific leadership within the immunology team and interface with other functional teams to discover novel therapeutics
- Lead a cross-functional team to validate tumor microenvironment targets including stromal, metabolism, and immune cell targets
- Execute comprehensive experimental plans to enable project initiation and progression
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to advance pre-clinical programs
- Coach, mentor, and manage people for performance and scientific growth
- Work independently, establish strategies, and identify actionable undertakings that drive
- A Ph.D degree and 6+ years industry or academia experience in immunology, cellular and/or tumor immunology with a focus on the tumor microenvironment
- Expertise in immune cells, stroma, or metabolism is desired
- History of managing direct reports and leading cross-functional teams to advance ideas from concept to deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex data sets in a clear manner to drive initiatives involving internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills as well as a record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.