Senior Manager Sales Training
The Senior Manager of Sales Training will work in partnership with the business to define priorities and lead the execution of agreed projects across the full end-to-end learning cycle with the ultimate aim of equipping employees with the specific capabilities that enable them to add value and drive competitive advantage for the organization.
This role will support our tisotumab vedotin (TV) program as well as pipeline development and existing brands at the direction of the Director of Sales Training.
- Identify and assess training needs in collaboration with the business to clearly understand and define the capability gaps
- Work with leadership (sales, training, marketing), cross-functional stakeholders, and business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to agree on target training populations, craft precise learning objectives, and clearly define the evaluation mechanisms and measures of success
- Create and maintain a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organization’s goals and brand imperatives
- Broker resources and/or capabilities across functions and the business to develop, and execute against, agreed solutions. This includes interfacing with our training vendors as appropriate and managing vendor interactions (SOWs, project scope, timelines, deliverables, promotional review process)
- Act as project owner and content manager for all sales curricula requiring promotional review and approval by legal/regulatory/compliance/medical
- Organize, plan, and execute learning deliverables, including curriculum solutions for all national and regional sales meetings and all phases of sales training
- Define the most effective learning modalities and mix (i.e., instructor led, e-Learning, blended learning, social learning) for the agreed target audience, applying good instructional design within each learning project
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of required local capability curricula, i.e., business knowledge/skills within area of responsibility
- Effectively manage the training budget
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a selling role
- Preferred experience in a sales training role, either field-based or home office
- Strong knowledge and experience of the end-to-end learning process, i.e., learning needs assessment, program design and delivery, and learning evaluation and assessment
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs and translate these into a coherent program of work
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and build strategic plans that drive business imperatives
- Track record of project management skills and expertise across medium- to large-scale projects
- Experience leading “development” initiatives, i.e., training, coaching, learning initiatives
- The ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage constant change. The ability to deal with ambiguity – ready to change gears and plans quickly
- Ability to network and build relationships quickly and credibly
- Experience working within a complex, matrixed environment
- Ideally this position will be based at the home office in Bothell, WA
- If remote, expect travel to/from the home office 25% or greater, per business needs
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.