Director Marketing Nordics/UK
Seattle Genetics is preparing to launch tucatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), for HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients in Europe.
We are looking for a Marketing Director to successfully launch tucatinib and build an effective, innovative and sustainable oncology business in the Nordics, UK & Ireland. Reporting to the General Manager, Nordics/UK, the successful candidate will work closely with the cross functional tucatinib team to lead the planning and execution of the commercial launch across the Nordic Region as well as the initial planning of launch in UK and Ireland. Responsibilities associated with this role include strategic planning and analysis, launch planning, and execution of launch tactics.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved from the very start in building something new for an emerging biotech leader. We are offering a role that is part of a Nordic & UK team where everyone’s contribution counts, with many opportunities to interact with colleagues across Europe and at our headquarters.
- Lead tucatinib launch readiness efforts across Nordics, UK and Ireland in close collaboration with the local cross functional team from Medical and Access as well as European colleagues
- Lead cross functional strategic brand planning for tucatinib and follow-on molecules with focus on unique customer insights, differentiation, product uptake and value adding services
- Work closely with Market Access Director and General Manger to obtain optimal tucatinib price across the markets
- Prepare and follow up of the financial forecast and the promotional budget
- Follow up of the commercial launch via different KPI/ ROI and implementation of mitigation plan, identifying critical issues that impact the success of promotional marketing efforts
- Adapt global and regional marketing deliverables including promotional materials and tactics to meet local needs working closely with internal and external partners
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders and opinion leaders together with the cross functional team
- Develop and innovate HCP and Stakeholder engagement plus value adding services for patients utilizing digital channels and opportunities
- Train the in-field team on brand strategy, clinical and value messaging, and field tactics
- Work closely with the SeaGen Europe commercial team to help guide and shape overall brand strategic decisions including for pipeline products
- Network with other Marketing Directors from other affiliates in order to benchmarks the different countries and sharing insights
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; MBA, Pharm.D., or Ph.D.
- Broad affiliate experience with minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical marketing experience from affiliate(s), working within the field of oncology/haematology
- Hands on experience combined with role flexibility. Demonstrated ability to work independently with a sleeves rolled up approach & as a team player across cross functional teams
- Experience with working across cultures in Europe coupled with an ability to establish and strengthen relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical approach
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Fluent in at least one Nordic language + English
- thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability and appetite for travelling up to 20% of the time.
- Experience in breast cancer
- Launch experience from Nordics and/or UK
- Digital/multichannel experience