Associate Director Project Management Office of the CMO
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for managing cross-functional projects and initiatives within the Development organization. This position provides a great opportunity to work in close partnership with Development colleagues as Seagen continues to maximize the global potential of approved products, advance late-stage programs, and expand early-stage pipeline. The Project Manager will report directly to the Executive Director, Office of the CMO.
- Lead cross-functional teams in a complex and highly matrixed global environment to identify, influence and advise on strategic efforts in support of the Development Organization’s strategy and mission
- Own the identification, prioritization, and tracking of Development-level infrastructure goals working with senior leadership teams of all Development functions. For example, identifying the ADC Technology congresses where Development representation would be most impactful, creating a process for soliciting presenters to represent Seagen Development and Senior Leader review and approval of presentation content
- Lead strategic working groups and forums made up of cross-functional stakeholders, including establishing agenda, facilitating discussions, developing content for key interactions, and tracking actions to advance progress and answer strategic questions
- Drive operational efforts in partnership with Senior Leaders within Development, ensure alignment and seamless execution of initiatives in support of Development’s goals. Ensure effective and consistent execution of initiatives including resolution of issues
- Evaluate risk management via proactive identification of key risks and facilitation of mitigation and contingency planning
- Develop and manage high-quality dashboards to provide data and high-level updates on initiatives
- Leverage strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and facilitation skills to optimize project meetings and facilitate effective decision making
- Build and leverage relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive results
- Advance project management best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of Development. Apply tools to assess and improve team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 6 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Strong understanding of the drug development process. Understanding of interdependencies between functions relevant to the position which may include: Clinical Development, Regulatory, Biometrics, Clinical Development Operations, Translational Sciences, Medical Affairs, Safety, and Portfolio and Program Management
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Management consulting experience
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills. High emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to align internal and external stakeholders to strategy and achieve business objectives without formal authority
- Experience leading and facilitating project team meetings, including cross-functional communication, decision making, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Experience with change management, leading through change and executing on objectives
- Effective presentation, facilitation, and executive‐level messaging skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to integrate complex information and identify key takeaways and insights to inform strategic decision‐making
- A proactive strategic thinker with excellent business acumen
- Understanding of how to calculate and interpret financial metrics such as NPV, ROI, etc.
- Creative and solutions‐oriented problem solver. Comfortable with ambiguity and building new processes; thrives in a fast‐paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Project; ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Advanced degree in life sciences, biomedical sciences, business or other disciplines related to drug development and commercialization
- Experience in global cross-functional late-stage drug development, product launch and continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience in biologics and oncology, experience working with corporate partners and alliances
- Experience with Planisware, SharePoint and other project management, reporting, and visualization tools helpful, but not required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.