Manager Business Operations
Seagen is seeking a talented professional to strengthen business operations for the global Real Estate and Facilities (REF) division. REF leads a broad spectrum of enterprise-wide functions that include real estate and workplace, engineering, facilities management, environment, health, safety, sustainability, compliance, and corporate security.
The Business Operations Manager serves as a key resource working to enhance business performance of the REF division. The individual in this role will collect, integrate, and analyze complex sets of operational data. They will use data-driven insights to diagnose operational issues, uncover interdependencies, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
Based on regular data reporting, the Manager will serve as an adviser for leaders and staff at all levels and will provide training on new business processes and systems.
This role reports to the Director, Business Operations and is based in Bothell, Washington.
- Develop methodologies and technologies to monitor operations, including tracking business performance metrics and integrating data from legacy systems
- Assess the effectiveness of operations by analyzing complex operational data sets, including identifying gaps, interdependencies, and opportunities for improvement
- Compliment data analysis by observing workflows, extracting findings from internal reports, conducting employee interviews, and comparing with benchmarks
- Document findings, conduct regular reporting, and implement a suite of automated performance dashboards and email advisories
- Develop recommendations for new procedures and workflows to achieve operational enhancements
- Work with REF managers and employees to implement improvements, including advising staff at all levels on best practices and driving operational change efforts
- Develop and implement programs to train REF staff and leaders on new processes and performance monitoring systems
- Determine the effectiveness of new processes and assure REF operations remain compliant within standards
- With Information Technology and Corporate Communications, monitor performance of divisional communications activities
- Implement and/or serve as administrator for core business productivity technologies (e.g., Microsoft Teams sites, internal web sites, internal social media platforms, etc.)
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, cooperation, performance excellence, and personal success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, technology, life or physical science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience across these areas: business processes, business performance analysis, and leading business improvement efforts in a complex business environment
- Minimum of 5 years in a role requiring complex data analysis, trend analysis, and reporting
- Highly experienced in introducing and utilizing new technologies to enable effective business analysis
- Proficiency in a range of technologies, for example Microsoft Excel, productivity software (e.g., JIRA, Maximo, Power BI), SharePoint online, digital flat panel software, social media platform software, etc.
- Strong analytical, data-centric background
- Understanding of basic life sciences as applicable to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other science-focused organization
- Proven ability to monitor success with change programs and initiatives
- Advanced level of critical thinking, communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Excellent ability to communicate up and down in the organization (to front line employees and senior leaders) using both written and verbal channels
- Highly focused on attention to detail; highly organized
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.