Director Procurement Real Estate & Facilities
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Controller, this position aims to be the procurement leader for Real Estate and Facilities (REF) across the various service lines. This position is accountable for the development of the procurement strategies in alignment with the strategic needs as defined by the global organization. This position works transversally across the division and as necessary across the global procurement organization to create the cadence of the vendor relationships, establish and maintain the governance and deploy the Seagen levers, (such as volume, business criticality, risk exposure etc.) with the vendors for the service lines.
- Collaborate with the Real Estate & Facilities (REF) Leadership Team to operationalize the business objective through sourcing strategies developed for identified categories of spend
- Define the required categories of spend based on the long-range plan of the business division
- Build the organization to support the REF domain in alignment with the centralized procurement function
- Apply fundamental knowledge of the needs of the REF organization to the vendor marketplace and support the evaluation, qualification, and selection of suppliers for the defined categories
- Develop appropriate metrics and key performance indicators for preferred vendor relationships
- Communicate the Seagen requirements to vendors for the conduct of selected service lines
- Implement the vendor governance for approved vendors working with the functional SME’s within the respective functions specifically within REF
- Define and facilitate the documentation of appropriate escalation
- Initiate, track and review vendor assessments annually; oversee the remediation of performance issues with the appropriate cross-functional team
- Perform ongoing market assessments for new service providers and innovations aligned with Seagen REF strategy
- At least 15 years of Real Estate, Facility Management &/or Construction Services pharmaceutical and/or biopharma experience.
- At least 10 years of indirect and/or direct procurement experience with increasing responsibility to the category level or above.
- At least 5 years leading transformational projects with enterprise impact.
- At least 5 years working in a global and heavily regulated environment
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Masters, PhD, PharmD, MBA in scientific or clinical field that is relevant to biotechnology, oncology, manufacturing, architecture, engineering and/or business administration
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.