Research Associate I/II, Research Mass Spectrometry
We have an exciting opportunity in the Protein Sciences group for a Research Associate I/II to provide quantitative LC-MS/MS analysis and sample preparation to support the Research department’s preclinical efforts to develop novel antibody-based therapeutics. The successful candidate will have experience with mass spectrometry-based small molecule quantitation. The candidate should work well within a highly collaborative team environment, while being able to work with limited guidance to design, execute, troubleshoot, optimize, and interpret experiments.
- Sample preparation, including solid-phase extraction, for small molecule analysis
- Performing LC-MS/MS method development and sample analysis
- Maintain and troubleshoot HPLC and MS/MS systems
- Preparation of critical reagents
- Interpretation of data and effective presentation of data in multiple forums
- Conception and implementation of new laboratory efficiencies and workflows
- Collaboration with project teams across our Research and Translational Sciences departments
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field with 1+ years of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Experience with liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometric analysis of small molecules
- Experience in small molecule extraction techniques from complex biological matrices
- Experience working with and safe handling of cytotoxic compounds
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Ability to perform routine tasks independently and commitment to high quality analytics, documentation, and communication
- Proficiency with electronic data analysis and communication tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Prism) and LIMS and/or electronic notebook systems
- Team player and solution-oriented, with strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Desire to learn new techniques and be at the cutting edge of small molecule analytics
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.