Managing Consultant II
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Managing Consultant reports to the Account Executive in a strategic consulting and advisory support role. The Managing Consultant will work side by side with our client’s CIO to provide support in vision and leadership, careful planning and disciplined execution to ensure stability, availability, and security. Additionally, this candidate should be a high achiever with 5 – 10 years of consulting experience working with executive-level clients and can speak to functions such as data centers, networks, servers, virtualization, cloud infrastructure and platform services, databases, storage, telecommunications, radios, and collaboration systems.
The Managing Consultant should also be a hands-on leader with broad with deep technical infrastructure experience, and be composed under pressure, a self-starter, can quickly assess priorities, engage resources, and drive to resolution.
Success depends on the candidate’s ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally and demonstrate both an exceptional command of infrastructure fundamentals, as well as the ability to advise on and deliver innovative solutions.
- Research best practices, standards, and methods for analysis, design, securing, configuration, testing, implementation, and operation of infrastructure
- Partner closely with other teams such as Operations, Facilities, Physical Security, Data Analytics and others to deliver cohesive solutions
- Experience managing IT projects in an enterprise environment
- Experience developing detailed plans for complex projects and tasks
- Actively promote the core values of the company within the organization and while at the client site
- Assist the client with preparing and managing operating and capital budgets; and IT operating plans that maximize value
- Assist the client with managing operational costs and conduct near and long-term financial forecasts
- Provide support for the client in precise and cost-effective management of cloud services and platforms
- Support the client in managing on-premises data centers, computer rooms, and collocated data center facilities including remote hands services
- Prepare RFI, RFP, RFQ, contracts, and other documentation
- Participate in the review and prioritization of project portfolio providing trusted advice related to investments and information technology issues
- Ensure IT infrastructure, controls, operations, and related services meet requirements and are scalable, available, reliable, maintainable and secure
- Support the management of client IT infrastructure assets including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation (e.g. CMDB)
- Manage a mix of long-term projects and short-term service requests with a high degree of flexibility and effective delegation
- Provide guidance in building and managing a disaster recovery plan in support of an overall business continuity program
- Provide data and metric-driven decisions to support the SLAs of the client’s organization
- Drive effective and efficient command of the fundamentals of managing traditional infrastructure
- Provide guidance in a comprehensive infrastructure roadmap that leverages technology trends to challenge and change the status quo
- Assist in the managing of vendor selection, negotiation, contracting, performance, and compliance
- 10+ years of progressive and relevant experience in IT infrastructure and operations
- 5+ years as a strategic consultant working directly with executive-level clients including CIO, CFO, COO, CEO at mid to large-sized enterprises
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline desired
- Must have consulting and client management skills working with Executive level client contacts
- Breadth and depth of experience across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure including Cisco network, security and communications, VMWare, Linux, Oracle, and MS SQL Server, NetApp, Dell EMC HCI, Citrix Netscaler and similar technologies
- Function professionally under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines under sometimes ambiguous and often complex circumstances
- Experience cultivating and leading high-performance teams, creating an innovation culture, and mentoring to develop team members
- Comfortable working with employees at all levels of the company; Demonstrates professional tact, good judgment, and discretion
- Must be highly articulate, from business and technical perspectives, and able to deliver proposals and presentations to a wide variety of audiences with conviction and passion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillset. Demonstrates attention to detail, follow-up and has excellent organizational skills
- Project planning and project management experience for large scale projects in an enterprise IT environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.