Director, Client Services
As a Director of Client Services, you are responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating all activities of the Client Services Managers for SCP HEALTH Revenue Cycle Services (SCP HEALTH RCS). The Director, Client Services will be the next level escalation point for Clients, the Client Services Managers, and RSC Domains for the resolution of any issues or concerns regarding Client coding, billing, and collection activities. The Director, Client Services will work with the Vice President, RCS PMO and Client Services to continue to establish and uphold the standards of service and integrity for client coding, billing, and collections programs, as well as assist in the development of new services and workflows as needed.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing a team of Client Services Managers. Since the Client Services Manager will be the face of SCP Health to our coding, billing, and collections Clients, you will need to coach and mentor the Client Services Managers with the appropriate skill set and soft skills to be that primary contact and the primary liaison with the Clients. Focus on building and energized team that are professional, competent, and motivated.
- Work with the Vice President, RCS PMO and Client Services to uphold the current Client coding, billing, and collections standards, as well as continue to build and improve upon the Client coding, billing, and collections service line. Additionally, support the Vice President, RCS PMO and Client Services in working with Business Development, Operations, Legal, and other organizational departments in sales efforts to expand the current client base.
- Provide regular report outs on all activities and issues related to Client coding, billing, and collections services and Client Services Managers activities. These report out should include metrics on the current health of the Client's coding, billing, and collections, operational issues, accomplishments, and risks, and client communications (meetings, onsite visits, etc).
- Coordinate with Analytics and other RCS domains to produce the Monthly Operating Review of the Client coding, billing, and collections service line report out to present to RCS Executive Leadership and RCS Domain Leaders.
- Work with the Vice President, RCS PMO and Client Services in support of the annual budgeting process by providing any necessary inputs or additional new expenses or cost savings related to the Client Services Domain.
- Lead your team to optimize clients' revenue cycle performance for each client site while maintaining the highest level of compliance with governmental and industry standards of conduct, in accordance with SCP Health's mission, core values, and goals.
- Oversee Client Services Managers' client post go live reviews to identify any operational challenges and resolve start up issues, then utilize that information to improve client on boarding processes.
- Review the Client Services Managers meeting notes and weekly status updates to identify any issues that may need to be escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with the Client Services Managers to review client financials and monitor reimbursement, cash flow, fee schedules, and billing effectiveness. Together with the Client Services Managers, analyze trends and coordinate with appropriate departments to troubleshoot or optimize revenue cycle services performance.
- Perform ongoing audits of Accounting's invoice reports to ensure refunds and payments are appropriately attributed, as well as ensure client invoices for services are appropriately calculated.
- Develop a solid understanding of SCP HEALTH RCS processes and systems to enable issue resolution and effective, accurate communication to the client.
- Schedule and conduct site visits to client facilities, as needed. Meet with and present key personnel including facility administration, the Medical Director, CEO, CFO, COO, department heads and staff responsible for data and chart delivery.
- Inclusive of all duties listed above, but not exclusive of other duties as determined necessary for the success of the Director, Client Services objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across collaborative interdisciplinary teams on system-wide initiatives
- Ability define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects and assignments in a timely manner or before deadline established
- Must be able to work in a matrix management environment where the great majority of resources you require to accomplish your mission will not report to you.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate sound judgment in handling demands and scheduling of meetings.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and calculate revenue cycle metrics.
- Must be flexible, diligent, sincere, active and enthused about the job
- Must be well organized and demonstrate exceptional time management and priority setting skills
- TRAVEL: May be asked to travel with the possibility of extended overnight stays as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel as well as all levels of executive leadership, management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing.
- Must exhibit strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Previous experience with Smartsheet beneficial
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree (MBA, MHA, or comparable Master's Degree) Preferable
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification beneficial, not required
- Lean 6 Sigma Certification beneficial, not requied
- 10 years of Revenue Cycle Services experience
- 5 years of experience in a leadership and managerial role
- 5 years of Client Services experience in a Healthcare environment
This is a remote position.