Cash Application Assistant
Perform various responsibilities to include downloading the deposit and ACH from each bank, creating the ACH spreadsheet for posting, downloading the deposit from each bank, logging live checks received, identifying trends in payers/facilities sending live checks to incorrect remit addresses, confirming that all live checks mailed to live check lock box are deposited at the bank. Identify and immediately report missing deposits or deposit errors. Contact payer and facility to correct remit address where necessary, locate and retrieve EOB's in daily correspondence.
- Receive and log all live checks
- Identify payments received in error (not belonging to SCP) and transfer according to company policy
- Enter all check information into the Check Tracker
- Prepare checks for mailing and give to mail clerk
- Balance, print and present log to management to verify and mail checks.
- Verify that all live checks mailed to lock box are deposited at the bank
- Trending problem payer/facility and see resolution
- Identify payers/facilities with multiple misdirected checks
- Contact appropriate department or payer/facility to correct remit address
- Create daily lock box deposit log from Centricity reporting for posting
- Research and update HPSA status for all new starts
- Research unclaimed property requests received and return appropriate form to carrier
- Prepare Lockbox & ACH deposits
- Prepare ERA recon file and upload daily
- Research and process payments received inappropriately in medical record lock box
- Locate and retrieve EOB's from daily correspondence
- Meet productivity expectations
- This position will be required to be agile and adapt to ever changing volumes of scanning and incoming mail.
- The expectation of the Cash Application Assistant is to treat colleagues, management, and vendors/clients with the utmost respect at all times.
- The Cash Application Assistant must collaborate with fellow team members, SCP colleagues and vendors/clients to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Cash Application Leadership empowers each colleague to have the courage to present ideas that would enhance the department including, but not limited to, productivity, process(es), and/or promotes engagement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of reading medical correspondence
- Excellent organization skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Microsoft Word, & Excel)
- Detail oriented
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team player