Hospital Practice Specialist I (Longview/Marshall,TX)
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you'll be doing:
The Hospital Practice Specialist - I is responsible for the daily operations of the overall Hospital Medicine (HM) or Critical Care (CC) practice for an assigned facility/facilities. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure providers work efficiently in delivering patient care. Support all aspects of collaboration with the client, clinicians, PCPs, and field operations team and taking necessary action to meet or exceed expectations. Work cooperatively with other personnel to assist with billing, coding, compliance, and quality requirements for the facility and corporate practices.
- Support co-workers in quality audit, coding and billing and comply with ICD10/CPT coding & chart review to assist with accurate documentation and timely release of billing.
- Availability by phone or pager for schedule emergencies, patient complaints, or other facility/practice related issues.
- Enhance Client, PCP, Patient, and Provider Satisfaction as well as Quality, Case Management, Emergency Department, and other facility relations.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between the practice and community PCPs/Consulting Specialist as needed.
- Daily faxing of H&P/Discharge Summaries to local PCPs.
- Complete weekly tracking forms designated for the HM/CC Program. Coordinate with field operations team to analyze and provide feedback to both SCP Health and Hospital leadership teams.
- Observe on site productivity, performance, or other operational considerations and make recommendations in collaboration with the Field Operations team to drive optimization.
- Work collaboratively with Staffing Operations team and attend related meetings in support of the practice.
- Provide support to the Medical Director and Field Operations team by assisting with meeting preparation and attendance, data collection, and departmental coordination efforts.
- Support the Medical Director with gathering data for monthly Medical Directors report to SCP Health and Facility Administration.
- Manage daily operations and recommend improvements to the practice as it relates to KPIs, and Client & Provider Satisfaction as established by both SCP Health and the client.
- Daily completion of BPCI-A program providing disposition of patients within MySCP Care App, if applicable.
- Establish and facilitate the process for signature and documentation on orders, death certificates, and clinical paperwork to ensure timely completion by the Providers.
- Daily mail collection from facility mailroom and distribute to Providers, sending all EOBs (Explanation of Benefits) to SCP Health Dallas office.
- Establish and facilitate standing meetings between Hospital Administration, designated facility department managers, and SCP Healths Corporate Field Operations teams (JOC, Provider meetings, etc.).
- Liaison between SCP Health and hospital personnel involved in all interdisciplinary processes (medical records, documentation, administration, case management, etc.).
- Daily Reconciliation of relative facility census to ensure all assigned patients are verified. Provide daily provider assignments to the SCP clinical team, Nursing, Administration, and interdisciplinary teams involved in patient care per the facility's established process.
- Monitor and support daily operations regarding physician signatures, provider credentialing, physician completion of medical records and physician completion of daily billing.
- Serve as liaison between the practice and the community primary care physicians, as well as supporting market efforts and the hospital priorities to ensure retention of existing referrals and future growth.
- Assist in setting up post discharge follow up, patient experience engagement, and other follow-up tasks, as necessary.
- Assist in the implementation, training, updates, and ongoing support of Telemedicine program where applicable.
- Arrange and assist with new provider interviews, orientation, onboarding, and training on related systems (MySCP Care, CDI training, etc.).
- Inclusive of all duties listed above, but not exclusive of other duties as determined necessary for the success of the practice.
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have a High School Required; Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- You have 1 - 2 years of Practice Management/Healthcare experience or 2-3 years of Office Management experience.
- Would be enhanced by Project Management, Marketing, or experience working inside/alongside hospital-based environment or functional areas
- Must exhibit strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate exceptional time management and priority setting skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to represent SCP Health and the client as the local point of contact for Marketing, Physician Relations, and Customer, Patient and Employee satisfaction.
- Ability to work full-time and on-site; Monday-Friday at the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center - Longview/Marshall.
LOCATION: The person in this role will cover one of the following facilities:
811 S Washington Ave, Marshall, TX 75670
700 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.