Patient Contact Center Assistant
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Flexible schedule; start as early as 7 AM
- Will learn a lot with varied tasks while working with patients and attorneys
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
Provide excellent customer service to patients by working correspondence that comes into the Patient Contact Center (emails, faxes, charity, attorney requests, ETM tasks, insurance updates, and other miscellaneous correspondence).
- Process incoming correspondence from attorney letters, hospital charity, insurance updates, address updates, ETM tasks, and other miscellaneous correspondence
- Work with collection agencies to resolve outstanding patient accounts
- Identify billing errors within the system to bring patient accounts to resolution
- Interpret and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB's) to identify where additional patient or insurance follow up is necessary.
- Interpret and understand Sales Force Managed Care to determine if contracts or special arrangements are set up in the system correctly
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have six months experience in a medical billing environment, preferred
- You have clerical experience and are comfortable with various office machines (fax/copier)
- You have experience and are comfortable with computers and technology with at least beginner level experience with Microsoft Office
- You have a High School diploma
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.