Patient Collections Representative I
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
A patient Contact Center Representative is responsible for contacting patients using an automated dialing system and offering support and assistance in helping them resolve delinquent outstanding balances. Patient Contact Center Representatives must develop technical knowledge to add, change and delete information in the file screens, memorize repetitive job functions and in general mastering the contact center systems to appropriately and effectively work the debts assigned in a professional manner that maintains and further improves the public perception of our clients.
- Communicate with patients by telephone (inbound and outbound) to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received and update records information about financial status of customer and status of contact center effort.
- Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff.
- Counseling patients and presenting options for resolving their outstanding obligations.
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements that were made are upheld.
- Counsel delinquent account patients to assist in finding funds to meet debt obligations.
- Research Billing issues and misapplied payments.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Verify account information and takes credit card payments over the phone.
- Keep up to date on all company information and training
- Update Knowledge Base as needed
- Assist other co-workers with difficult customers
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management
Who/What we are looking for:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to conduct self in a professional manners at all times
- Positive attitude and the desire to do the right thing for all customers
- Goal oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Basic typing skills.
- Basic PC skills, including Windows-based programs.
- Good telephone etiquette.
SCP Health and its affiliated companies (collectively, “SCP Health”) require applicants for specific positions, such as those onsite at a client company/healthcare facility or affiliate to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment for onsite positions at a client company/healthcare facility. SCP health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption request as required by applicable law.
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.