The Practice Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the overall Hospital Medicine (HM) practice for an assigned facility. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure adequate providers are on site to ensure quality patient care including completing and communicating monthly schedules. Ensure Client, Provider and PCP satisfaction by frequently communicating and taking actions needed to meet or exceed expectations. Comply with billing and coding requirements and working cooperatively with other personnel to generate timely collection of charges/reimbursement for facility and HM Division.
- Represent SCP Health, patient services and the Hospital to ensure retention of existing referral sources and to grow new referrals and volumes
- Support co-workers in quality audit, coding and billing and comply with ICD10/CPT coding & chart review to ensure accurate documentation and timely release of billing
- Availability by phone or pager for schedule emergencies, patient complaints, or other facility issues.
- Enhance Client, PCP, Patient, and Provider Satisfaction as well as Quality, Case Management, Emergency Department, and other facility relations – Ultimately responsible for satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate with PCPs and Consulting Specialist as pertains to satisfaction, growth, direct admissions and discharge summary follow-ups
- Complete Tracking Forms designated for the Hospitalist Program. Analyze to recommend needed improvements to both Schumacher Clinical Partners and Hospital leadership teams
- Identify on site production, performance, or other issues; recommend strategies for improvement
- Monthly scheduling and completion of provider schedules for designated site to ensure quality patient care and efficient use of resources
- Review of physician payroll monthly to ensure accuracy and opportunities for streamlining costs
- Facilitate engagement of HM Medical Director to result in meeting participation, new provider recruiting and retention
- Manage daily operations and recommend improvements to the practice as it relates to KPI’s, and Client & Provider Satisfaction as established by both Schumacher Clinical Partners and the client
- Establish and facilitate standing HM Committee meetings between Hospital Administration, designated facility department managers, and Schumacher Clinical Partners’s Corporate HM representatives (include ED representatives if contract includes both)
- Liaison between Schumacher Clinical Partners and hospital personnel involved in medical records process.
- Oversee daily operations in regards to physician signatures, provider credentialing, physician completion of medical records and physician completion of daily billing
- Manage monthly physicians and mid-level schedules
- Manage provider billing at practice level by reviewing charges daily, updating charge capture system, and working with billing personnel to achieve accurate and efficient billing
- Serve as liaison between practice and community primary care physicians and HM practice
- Arrange and assist with new provider interviews, orientation, and scheduling
- Inclusive of all duties listed above, but not exclusive of other duties as determined necessary for the success of the practice
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or education regarding ICD 10 & CPT coding preferred but not required
- Must exhibit strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be well organized and demonstrate exceptional time management and priority setting skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing
- Must be able to represent Schumacher Clinical Partners and the client as the local point of contact for Marketing, Physician Relations, and Customer, Patient and Employee satisfaction
Education (Required and/or Preferred):
- High School – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred
- Office Management – 2 – 3 years of experience or Practice Management/Healthcare – 1 - 2 years of experience
- Would be enhanced by Project Management, Marketing, or experience working inside/alongside hospital based environment or functional areas