Senior Vice President, CORE Operations - Emergency Medicine
Support and lead the Company's efforts to achieve and maintain the position as a leader in the provision of Emergency Medicine (EM) management services. Primary oversight and overall accountability for the performance of the EM service line, providing direction to the field operating teams, working closely in collaboration with the service line's Chief Medical Officer, Group Medical Officers, Client Service VPs, and other personnel charged with responsibility to advance the performance and results of the service line. In addition, responsible to ensure that our EM practices are designed and managed in alignment with our hospital medicine and intensivist practices, and in service to the goals & objectives of SCPs Value-Based services division which includes, but it not limited to, our BPCI-A programs and post-acute care services.
The responsibilities as outlined below shall be more specifically expanded and refined in accordance with those goals and objectives routinely established by Corporate and additionally, by virtue of and commensurate with the obligations and commitments made to our Client Hospitals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Seek to build and maintain consensus, alignment, and focus on priorities and objectives within and across service delivery teams with client satisfaction and retention as the chief measurements of success.
- Exhibit/deliver timely, thorough, consistent, clear, and effective communication to all internal Company stakeholders and employees as well as providers, medical directors, and client representatives.
- Provide direction, guidance, and influence over designated field ops personnel.
- Build and lead a high-performance workplace culture that contributes to a high level of employee satisfaction, employee retention, and productivity.
- Accountable for the delivery of practice management services consistent with our contractual obligations as established with hospital clients and providers.
- Establish and execute on shared goals and related strategic priorities with EM and HM client service teams, Staffing Operations, Value-based services, and Central Office departments.
- Develop and maintain highly effective and collaborative partnership relationships with key client representatives and industry leaders.
- Ensure the delivery of consistent, timely, and effective practice productivity improvement initiatives.
- Diligent oversight, direction, and leadership on the new client on-boarding process.
- Responsible to work collaboratively and effectively with Physician leadership counterparts (along with other department representatives) to develop, deploy, and maintain training, mentorship, and leadership development programs enough to ensure a high level of performance and retention of our appointed practice Medical Directors.
- Responsible to contribute to the effective operation of Recruiting, Scheduling, and Credentialing personnel, systems, and processes.
- Seek to gather and maintain current and reliable intelligence on market rate trends for EM professionals (i.e. Physicians, NPs, and PAs).
- Pursue and maintain awareness of competitor service delivery models and related successes or challenges.
- Accountable for the service lines financial performance in the achievement of revenue, expense, and margin targets in compliance with budget constraints and/or in response to unanticipated revenue and gross margin shortfalls.
- Ensure that where SCP HM and/or Intensivists programs exist at an EM practice location, ALL materially significant issues, opportunities, threats, or initiatives are well-communicated, coordinated and executed together by the respective service line managers.
- Responsible to ensure that the EM service line is functioning with the necessary resources, priorities, and action plans to favorably influence and contribute to the success of the Value-Based Services Division.
- Accountable for the Group's performance in managing the cost of the business (General & Administrative expenses) in compliance with budget constraints or revenue limitations.
- Responsibility to identify, drive, and lead the introduction and deployment of new eHealth solutions in our EM practices with an ROI measurement attached to one or more of the following: Cost reduction/avoidance, provider satisfaction, patient care enhancement, or client satisfaction.
- Contribute to growth strategy development and provide significant leadership influence on and contributions to sales target identification and pursuit.
- Ensure Group's optimal and appropriate use of Company technology resources and be accountable for the quality and integrity of Group data entered into systems.
- Ensure performance in accordance with all established legal and compliance standards.
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
- College Degree Required
- Master's Degree (MBA/MHA) Preferred
- Clinical education & experience a plus
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated success in leadership and management in the HealthCare delivery space and/or:
- Executive level responsibility over the operation of multi-site, multi-specialty medical practices a plus:
- Prior extensive responsibility over a P&L in a patient care related business is preferred.
- Flexibility to travel 50% to 70% of the time.