At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Flexible schedules and work-from-home opportunities
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
To assist and support Documentation Assurance department initiatives. To affect revenue and quality of documentation by ensuring the accuracy of documentation through clinician chart queries and educating clinicians on mySCP Systems, coding, and billing requirements.
- To monitor and review chart query trends.
- To perform chart reviews of all queries in mySCP Complete/Care that are > 30 days to ensure accuracy.
- To contact clinicians weekly for chart completion following the Departmental Standards and Initiatives
- Assist Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists with daily, weekly, and monthly Excel report generation and preparation.
- Create and maintain graphs and spreadsheets as needed to analyze and report data.
- Data validation between different reports/dashboards utilized by Documentation Assurance, Operations and Executive level.
- Troubleshoot clinician issues with Clinician Portal login/utilization and assists with calls when required by answering, screening, routing, and directing clinicians.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports by researching, collecting, and analyzing information as necessary.
- To assist in notification of clinicians for company-wide initiatives related to clinical documentation as identified by Director of Documentation Assurance via e-mail, text, or mySCP Health messaging system.
- To collect NP/PA, Resident, and Scribe Attestation Examples as needed for new facilities and EMR transitions.
- Screen and direct clinician calls to ensure effective communication.
- To provide support on any ad hoc departmental projects
- Cross train in support areas to assist when necessary.
- Prepare reports/letters in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as needed.
- Assist with Departmental training preparation.
Who/What we are looking for:
- You are a registered Health Information Administration (RHIA), Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP), Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) strongly desired.
- You have bachelor’s degree - Required.
- You have a strong understanding of CPT coding and billing for quality chart reviews.
- You have excellent communication skills for working with all different levels of professionals, including physicians, immediate and other internal partners.
- You are team Oriented with strong Influence and negotiation skills.
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- You can work independently and multitask in a fast-paced Global environment.
- You are adept at learning proprietary software applications.
- You can follow through on analytics to ensure process changes and improvements.
SCP Health and its affiliated companies (collectively, “SCP Health”) require applicants for specific positions, such as those onsite at a client company/healthcare facility or affiliate to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment for onsite positions at a client company/healthcare facility. SCP health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption request as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.