Clinical Education Specialist
Works in concert with the Director of Clinical Initiatives, Education and CME and the Education Committee to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of medical education activities in accordance with SCP Health's CME mission. The Clinical Education Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development and improvement of the medical education curriculum. Responsibilities include educational content design, presentation authoring, database maintenance and technical support, as well as administrator functions for SCP University (SCPU).
- Develop presentations and learning aids to support the needs of the education department.
- Develop medical education learning modules. To include audio/video editing and course design using industry standard course authoring software/tools.
- Perform administrator functions for SCPU (SCP Health's Learning Management System) which includes the setup of new courses, assisting with requests for technical support or documentation, and creating automated or ad hoc tracking reports.
- Assist with facility specific training initiatives and team-based functions in SCPU.
- Assists with the administration and management of SCPU and the department Portal site.
- Assists with the management and coordination of medical educational programs and clinical leadership events; educational event communications, coordination of presenters and the preparation of materials. Works in conjunction with Meetings and Event Planning and MarComm.
- Builds and creates relationships with internal and external customers
- Responds to ad hoc requests of the department from internal and external stakeholders
- Project management or project coordination
- General office duties and special assignments as assigned
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or appropriate experience
- 3 years of experience with course design and/or authoring or other relevant experience;
- Project management/coordination with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in MS Office programs: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Must possess creativity in developing highly effective presentations, learning aids, infographics, etc.
- Graphic design experience (preferred)
- Proficiency with Programs: Adobe Acrobat, Flash, Captivate, Presenter and/or Storyline
- Accuracy a must, detail-oriented with proofing skills, numerical sequencing, excellent grammar, spelling, filing
- Ability to interact in a highly professional manner with senior-level management both internally and with hospital clients
- Proven aptitude to learn new/different software applications
- Ability to troubleshoot minor IT-related issues
- Experience in an office environment; meet timelines; switch gears in processes
*This position is NOT intended to be hired in Colorado.
INDJV - This is a remote position